stuck ~ zach

look who finally updated
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

It was somewhere between three and five am, neither of you knew nor did you care. Brooklynn nine nine was playing in the living room and some kind of indie music was playing from your phone in the kitchen.

Zach came up behind you, wrapping his arms around you and placing his chin on your shoulder. "What're you making babe?" He asked, looking past you and into the oven.

You snuggled into him slightly before answering, "macaroons."

He lifted his head to rest on your shoulder, "don't those take like three hours to make?"

You nodded, peaking on the cookies through the glass. "Yeah, I started them at- wait, what time is it?"

Zach let go of you, "I don't know, I've lost all concept of time." He said as he walked to the counter where his phone was charging.

You laughed lowly, uttering "haven't we all." from behind him.

"It's literally 4:12. In the morning." He glanced over at you again, you had never stopped looking at him. "What have we become?"

"Well baby, I'm pretty sure we've become quarantine's bitch." Zach laughed at that, causing you to laugh as well.

"How much longer on the cookies?" Zach asked, a smile still lingering on his face.

Turning around to look at the timer on the stove, you answered. "Twenty minutes." He nodded and came back to where he was standing before.

"Well, that gives us time."

A confused expression made its way to your face, silently asking him what he meant. "Time for what?"

Zach only swept you into his arms, earning a help from you. "Time to sit on the couch and cuddle."

You snickered at him, pressing your face into his sweatshirt. "You're such a girl."

"Meh, I can live with that." He smiled as he set you down on the couch, sliding next to you and pulling you into him.

"Do you wanna watch the office?" You asked, looking up to him. He looked down, a silly, love drunk smile playing on his lips as he nodded.

You turned away and pulled the last episode of the office the two of you had been watching earlier. Zach gently placed his fingers under your chin, "wait come back." He whispered, lifting your face closer to his.

You closed your eyes, giggling slightly and biting your lip as he got closer to you. His kisses were always teasing. Always left you wanting more.

"I love you." He said once you pulled apart, your foreheads pressed together.

"No, you just love that I make you cookies at 4 am."

Zach scoffed, kissing your forehead. "Wish I could say you're wrong."

"Hey!" You laughed, swatting his chest.

"I'm kidding!" He defended himself.

"I know you are, and I love you too." You told him.

The two of you just sat together and watched the office, waiting for the cookies to be done. "Guess quarantine isn't so bad after all huh." Zach said after a while.

You looked back at him, his eyes still on the screen. "Guess not."

_____________________________________
a/n: {04/13/20, 1:39pm} i hope you're all safe and sane! stay hydrated and healthy, sending all my love ;)