-Chapter 1

-Chapter 1: Black Diamond

**Important note: Novelhd has stolen and posted chapters of this story on an account that I do not run

**Important note: Novelhd has stolen and posted chapters of this story on an account that I do not run. This is my only account activate on any story posting sites. Do not read on there. Thank you**

**Just real quick going to put here that if you're easily triggered by violence and all (without spoiling stuff later), please do not keep reading. It is going to get into some heavy stuff later. I will put warnings on the appropriate chapters. It won't go into graphic descriptions of the acts, but will mention them. Thanks**

"Welcome to Japan, Mari."

I look ahead, my eyes landing on my co-worker and friend, Rei Okamoto. He has black hair that is styled neatly at all times and really dark eyes. He's nice and a trustworthy person to stay with while I'm here in Japan on official work business. Also, it is because he is from Japan and works for the same company as me and we need people here.

"Ah, hello," I say, smiling as my companion stands beside me. I turn to her, looking at her earpieces. If she didn't have those, she would look absolutely human.

"Oh, I forgot you would be joining us. My apologies, Kairi," Rei tells Kairi, sounding cheerful.

Kairi turns to me, hazel eyes adjusting a little. "I will now make a schedule for you since we have arrived." She turns her head towards Rei and smiles, not looking robotic at all. "Hello, Rei Okamoto. It is a pleasure to finally work alongside you at the same time as my boss, Mari Snow."

"When you told me that you had a HumaGear, I didn't believe you for a moment. They're quite pricey to customize, right?" Rei asks and I look at him. I nod my head a little. "I see. I love her red hair."

HumaGears are the reason why we're in Japan to begin with. Several of them have been hacked and turned rogue. My job is to work alongside Hiden Intelligence, who makes HumaGears, and stop the rogue ones from staying rogue. Then my job is to recover them and see if we can one day recover them from their hacked state. Once they're hacked, they're not able to recover. However, you can order a new one and it'll have their original personality, but not memories.

HumaGears look human, but they are not human. They have ears pieces that give them away. They're connected to a satellite called Zea, which belongs to Hiden Intelligence as well. They mass produce them and it is my job to make sure nothing is going wrong with the mass production of HumaGears. However, I don't know what will come after I am done here.

"So, she was made here in Japan by Hiden Intelligence? Aren't you worried about her due to the recent hackings into HumaGears?"

I shake my head. "No, I am not worried about Kairi. I do not think it is the fault of Hiden Intelligence that the HumaGears are getting hacked. From what we know, it is an outside source. We have files to go over in the car."

"Right, we do. I'll catch you up on what we've been discussing here in Japan while you were on the plane. I already have your things waiting in the car. I had an Intern get your baggage so I could talk with you."