-Chapter 12

-Chapter 12: Star

"MetsubouJinrai took the Abyss key from you?"

I look down, staring away from Allen's face. "It got taken from me by the hooded guy that is in the video that Hiden Intelligence showed the media." I can't come out and state that it was Horobi that stole it. Well, borrowed it.

Allen sighs a bit, sounding upset. "Well, there isn't anything we can do about it right now," he says, still sounding upset. "I'll handle everything with the head of our company, Mari. It sucks because that key is unique and a huge loss, but we can't predict terrorists doing certain things. They're unpredictable."

I look up, nodding my head. "It is a huge loss for us and I'm so sorry about it. Really, I am sorry about this all. I should have been more careful during the battle that lead up to it being taken. I can't believe that it got taken from me." Just why is this key so important to Halo Horizons?

"Just do your best," Allen tells me. "Alright?"

"Will do." I scan his desk, my eyes landing on a picture of Allen and some beautiful woman. She is really beautiful.

Her face is perfectly heart shaped and she has a soft jawline. Her black hair is very long and goes down pass her shoulders, ending probably right above her butt honestly. Her nose isn't big and looks pretty like her heart shaped lips. I wish I could look that beautiful. My lips are the only thing as nice as hers, but my features don't do it justice.

"That is my ex-wife, Juli," Allen says softly, turning to the picture on his desk. "We got a divorce not too long ago. Maybe it was two years ago, but I didn't keep count due to the pain. It started so well, our marriage." He rubs his neck, sighing a little. "But it ended sadly because she needed to be free. We have a tough marriage due to her being unable to maintain her pregnancies. She miscarried a lot. My guess to why we ended is that she couldn't handle it any longer." So, she couldn't handle the pain of miscarrying each time she got pregnant? That is one tough thing to have to live with and I don't blame her for wanting to leave.

It is so tragic though. Honestly, it is. They looked like they were so happy together. Then again, appearances are deceiving and I have no clue what happened in their marriage. I can only go by what he is saying happened.

"I'm sorry to hear about that, Allen." I can't believe he had to go through that. "It sounded like she really wanted to have a child with you."

Juli seems like she had an entire world that got shattered. I can't imagine wanting a kid and not being able to have one. That has to be so hard for someone to go through. Like you want one thing, but it can't possibly happen.

"It is alright. There is nothing that can be done about it now."

"I really am sorry for asking about the picture. It's just that she's so beautiful and I had to know the story behind these pictures." She really is the most beautiful woman I ever laid eyes upon.

He turns to me. "She is the most beautiful person in the world. I just wish she would figure it out. Well, maybe she has by now."

"Maybe." I wonder where she is. She should give this nice man another chance and try to figure out things together.

"Boss, you have a call," Rei says, popping his head into the room. "Oh, hey! What's up, Mari?"

"I'll be there in a moment. Mari, please stay here." Allen pats me on the arm gently, turning his attention to Rei. "I'm coming now."

He takes his hand off of my arm and exits the room with Rei, leaving me alone. I move over to another picture, my eyes landing on the necklace on Juli's neck. Wait...why does the necklace have the name Elise on it?