-Chapter 87

-Chapter 87: House of Cards

I look at Nina as she waves at me. Why does she have to be here when I'm out with Gai on a walk? This isn't the time for her to insert herself into my business?

"Oh, it is you and your handsome husband who I don't work for really anymore!" Nina exclaims, pink hair blowing a bit from the wind. "Is that a new scarf? I love it. Where did you get it from? I want one." Is she flirting with my husband? Not that it matters to me, but still.

My hand has healed up now. Well, pretty much healed up. I have to keep it covered when out and about since neither one of us want anyone to think that I tried to end my own life. I still don't get why I did it exactly. It was like I wasn't in my own body for a moment. 

I touch my floral patterned scarf and turn my head, looking at Gai. "Uh..." He is the one who bought me it. I am lucky that he got me a ton of them because he did a number to my neck.

"How is Abyss handling her new work space?" Gai asks, changing the subject as his eyes go to Nina. "I am worried about her right now due to the transfer of her to Mari's hands. I know that my beloved wife is capable of handling the project with your help, but I am unsure of how Abyss is handling with her in charge. I do apologize that she hasn't been in for a bit, but she's been ill."

I look at Nina as she stares at Gai. "Oh, she's doing just fine right now. I was worried about her too, but she is handling things very well and assisting everyone properly. She looks just like Mari and it is kind of weird for me to see her. And don't worry, Mari can come show up whenever she wants. She's the big boss lady."

"Her appearance is that of the Kamen Rider who works for us. The project was designed for the two to be able to handle the Abyss key together. I know that it is still hard for Mari to use the key, but I believe she will be capable of it when she reaches emotional maturity." 

I don't understand what he is saying, but sure. I'll totally reach that and be able to use that key. I'm going to show everyone that I'm a capable Kamen Rider. 

"I think it is odd that Abyss doesn't like Aruto Hiden. Is there a reason why she doesn't?" Nina asks, probably wanting to dig for information on Abyss. I don't blame her for wanting to know more about her.

"She believes that he isn't capable of understanding the need for certain things in this world. It is a misunderstanding because of Aruto's incompetence issues," Gai answers, being blunt. "I didn't know that Abyss would be that way. I am truly sorry for how she is acting around him." 

Abyss dislikes Aruto? I haven't noticed that since I never really see the two in the same room together really. She did bring him to save me from Allen. But why? Was it because I'm her highest priority and so she decided to work with him? 

"Abyss is designed to be a two part system with a human and an AI working together for the better of the world. I was the original head of the project, but I left it due to other issues." More like a huge promotion to President of ZAIA Japan. "It seems that something I may have added into it has made it want to protect Mari." And I believe my sister did something too.

"Ah, I see. You're incredibly smart, Gai." Nina looks at me and winks. "How did you manage to get yourself such a handsome husband? I bet you two are always together at all times. Oh, what about you and Aruto? You two were so close." She's acting like I nearly married Aruto. That is far from the truth about us.

She loves prying into my personal life and I don't blame her. The media wants to know more about us as well, but they can't ever figure out much about us. They only know what I have out there and what Gai has said. 

"We're just friends." With some benefits, I guess? Maybe?

Nina laughs. "Just friends with someone as wonderful as Aruto? Not that your husband isn't wonderful or anything. He seems like an amazing catch." If only.