-Chapter 111

-Chapter 111: Mercy is a Luxury

"Here, I have something you all need to hear about President Aruto of Hiden Intelligence," Gai says softly, speaking into the microphone.

He called a Press Conference for something on Aruto? It must be important. I wonder what it could be since I haven't really talked to him privately. He's honestly doing whatever he wants on his own now without me being slightly involved.

Gai turns to Yua and nods his head, giving her the okay to do whatever he wants her to do. She turns a bit and presses on the remote for the screen behind them, showing a picture of Aruto and me. That is Aruto and me meeting up not long ago. How did he get that?

"President Aruto of Hiden Intelligence has been trying to steal my wife from me, which has completely broke my heart. My wife, who has been needing time away from the public, has been trying to avoid his advances," Gai says, lying through his teeth. He's trying to get the vote in his favor right now by tarnishing Aruto's name. "I have some audio clips of him hitting my wife."

"Look me in the eyes, Mari. I will end your marriage the moment I can."

I pull my hat lower as my mouth hangs wide open. He has been recording me at home? He's been spying on me to make sure that I've been doing what he wants me to hasn't he? How can he do that to me?

He edited that. He has completely changed the context to fit his narrative. He's going to keep doing this and I now know for sure that he's never going to let me go. He does not want me to be someone else's woman at all.

"I'm happy with my husband," my voice says, edited like I responded like that to Aruto.

He has been waiting for this moment since he let me go didn't he? He really allowed me to leave him just to do this! I can't...how can he do this to the two of us? He messed with our emotions and played us.

"I have released more clips already to the media, which will be played on the news," Gai says as I keep my head down. I don't want anyone to notice me. "Now that I am done speaking, I will let my representative talk some more about what I will do if the vote goes in my favor."

I need to get out of here quick before he gets to me.

~.~

I stop, my body trembling as Gai approaches me. "Gai..." How did he know where I would go to?

He steps closer to me. "Trying to get away? You have no choice but to come home and be my wife right now. If you don't, you will just ruin his image completely. No one will accept him ever again. Besides, the exit here is blocked off." He blocked it off?

Gai grabs my wrist and pulls me to the side, causing me to gasp as he smirks a little. He made up that evidence to make Aruto seem like the guilty one. He's going to bring him down and make him end up alone at this rate. He wants the proposal to rebuild Daybreak to be voted down and never to be brought up again. He wants every that Aruto has and more.

"You're my wife again, Mari," he tells me. "I bet you thought that you were going to finally get away. No, I won't allow you to ever get away from me. You're always going to come back to me no matter what happens."

"Why are you doing this?" How could he go and record me and my private conversations like that? "How can you be like this to me when I've done so little to you?"

Gai stops. "Because I want you to myself. Isn't that obvious?"

I look down, my heart sinking. "Because you want me? How can you want me when you don't love me? Do you want to say that again to me with that smug face of yours?"