-Chapter 107

-Chapter 107: You Still Don't Understand

**Note: Contains a spoiler from the show. If you haven't seen what is spoiled in here, that is now on you. This note is here to let you know if you don't wish to be spoiled, don't read ahead. If you don't care, keep on reading!**

I sit down in front of Gai as he picks up his tea cup. He has Yua outside the room and I'm not too worried about her not being around. I am perfectly fine with her being outside the room while I deal with Gai. He won't do anything too bad to me as long as she is nearby.

"It is nice seeing you alone once again, Mari," Gai tells me, bringing his tea up to his lips and sipping on it. I see that he's going to pretend that he adores me.

I look down at my hands on my lap and release a tiny sigh. It is hard being here in front of him. We're not on good terms and I left him without a second thought. Well, I didn't exactly do that. I am worried that he is up to no good and he is allowing me to be free only for a short period of time.

"I know that it has to be hard to deal with me after learning about why I changed your face. I will be open with you about what I did so from now on if you have a question about it."

"If I didn't leave Allen that night and decided to have stay with him, would you have kidnapped me and forced me to change my face?" I have to know the answer to this.

"I would have done so, yes." He is probably nodding his head right now. "I wouldn't have allowed him to keep touching you the way he did. I only stayed out of it because I could see where you were going in the marriage."

I look up at him and nod my head slowly. "Alright, that is what I wanted to know. I am sorry that Elise treated you like crap."

"She was more ruthless than me," he states, his voice steady. "Once she had a goal in mind, she had to achieve it no matter who was going to get hurt. Halo Horizons is what she wanted to herself and she died because she got too greedy. I may want to make money, but I wouldn't do it the way she wanted to."

It is hard to believe that, but I'm not going to doubt it. Even though Gai isn't totally upfront with me about every little thing in the world, he still tells me things. It is better than what he probably got with Elise.

"One more thing." I got to know one more thing, even if I honestly don't care too much about it.

"Yes?"

I look down again and take a deep breath. This is kind of odd to ask him. I don't know if that is what I want to do, but I already told him I have one more thing to ask. So, I should just ask it. I hope he doesn't get the wrong idea from it. 

"Did you ever think of her when having sex with me?" I have to know if he only cares about owning me in order to remind himself of her. He could only want me for being like her at one point.

"I never once thought of her when we were together and that is the honest truth. Whether you believe it or not is completely up to you," he answers. I think he's being honest about that, right?

I lift my head up a bit and stare at him, my mouth slightly open from shock. He didn't marry me because I looked like Elise at one point? So, what was it then? Was it because of Allen? What does he gain by marrying a woman like me who doesn't fit with him at all? I just want to know.

Gai moves closer to me and I lift up my head a bit as he places his lips on mine, his hand moving under my chin. He closes his eyes, moving his lips a bit more roughly. I don't know how to react. I didn't expect him to attack my lips like this right now.

I bring my hands up to his chest and push on it, moving him away from me and my lips that aren't for him. "What in the hell are you doing? We're..." We're not together any longer so we cannot be like this.