-Chapter 127

-Chapter 127: The Brightly Smiling Sun is You

"You inherited all the technology your grandfather made?" I ask Aruto, my eyes going wide. 

So, Gai can't actually do anything about the HumaGears himself? Well, I'm sure that he will try to act like he owns them. There is a lot I am catching up on here. I am also pretty sure that Gai had most HumaGears turned off while he thought he was in charge of the technology. Aruto is going to have to build up the world's faith in them again. 

Aruto nods his head as he fixes his desk up a little. "Yes, that is what happened. I wasn't able to transform right away, but then I was able to!" He looks up at me, grinning widely. "Your soon-to-be ex-husband was so upset over finding out I was given all the technology and Hiden wasn't. He won nothing but that company in the end from the competition he wanted with me." I'm glad he finally lost out on something besides me. 

That sounds like Gai. He would get upset over not having his way. So, he got what he deserved then, huh? He has ended up with nothing. No prize for having Aruto's company and no prize for changing my face and getting his precious revenge on everyone he hates.

"I am sorry that I lost my memories for a little bit. It must have been annoying for you to have to put up with me." I can't imagine anything more frustrating than having the person you love not remember you.

He laughs, shaking his head. "No, it is fine. I was happy to get to know the original you. You were quite similar, but not so confident about your looks exactly. You knew you were pretty, but you didn't think about using it to distract anyone."

"Gai would have me distract you intentionally you know."

"I know. I figured once he started being all serious in the competition. I guess he figured I couldn't win a woman like you and decided to tease me with you. He didn't really think about it clearly." 

I look away, nodding a little bit. "Yeah, I know that is what he thought. He thought so lowly of you, so it makes sense he thought you couldn't actually get me. He didn't see you as someone I would be interested in." I am still very much interested in him.

"Hey, I was wondering something, Mari."

"What is it?" I look back at him, staring him in the eyes as his smile drops.

He looks down. "I was wondering if you now remember what you wanted to tell me. You didn't get time to respond to my confession either, so can I hear your response to it?"

I shrug my shoulders a little bit as he looks back up at me. "I don't know what I wanted to tell you before surgery, but I do know that I accept your confession. We can't date each other yet, but I don't mind seeing you romantically. I just can't be open with you." We can't have an official label on our relationship until the marriage problem is gone. Gai will use anything in court to make me look awful and keep me stuck with him. 

I wish I could remember what I wanted to talk to him about, but I honestly have no clue. I guess it wasn't anything too important. If it was, I would remember it. Pretty sure of it.

"I see." He smiles. "I am just glad we can be together now. I know it isn't romantic like you would want, but it does have a bit of a thrill to it, right?"

I laugh, nodding my head. "It does."

"Hey, I'm here with a special guest," Isamu's voice annouces and I look over as he steps towards me and Aruto with Kairi at his side. "Thank you for bringing the Gai situation to my attention. I won't let him get to Kairi."

"Thank you." I smile as my eyes go to Kairi. "Hey, how are you doing, Kairi?"

Kairi looks at me and smiles. "I am doing well, Mari. How are you doing?"