-Chapter 36

-Chapter 36: Burn Down

"Tomorrow will we get you checked out by the doctor, honey," Gai says, looking up from a few different papers on his desk. "But if you're too busy with things, I'll reschedule for you immediately. Do not worry about it."

I wonder what he is looking over. I would ask, but it isn't my business. We're two different people who do two different things.

"Did Hiden's image get even lower?" I ask, changing the subject. He said something was going to happen the other day, but I have no clue what he meant by that. Does he know something we all don't know?

"Their image is at an all time low for them. An incident happened at the filming area for the drama. A HumaGear shot the actor, Shinya Owada, when they were filming. It is all over the news, but you didn't see it yet, correct?"

"Correct..."

It is hard to make time to see something when one is busy moving into their new place. I took my stuff from Daybreak to a secret place with Horobi. Jin didn't see anything happen due to being out.

"You were busy moving your things into our place. I hope you weren't uncomfortable being all alone in the room last night, but I didn't want to intrude on you trying to relax. I'm afraid that if I make one wrong move, you'll close yourself off from me."

Did he actually want me to see the news about what happened during the filming or not? I feel like that he's trying to keep things from me and I don't know why. We're sort of a team now aren't we?

"I'm assuming that A.I.M.S. is now involved what is going on. Am I right to assume such a thing?" I have to know if Hiden Intelligence is in deep trouble or not.

"They are investigating to see how Hiden Intelligence is involved with things. However, I'm sure it'll show nothing. The President isn't the type to get involved with horrible people and cause bad things to happen."

I think Gai is right about that, but how is he so sure of certain things? I want to know about that. It is making me a bit curious.

"Am I allowed to head there at all as a special dispatch? You know, in case of an emergency?" I want to go and check out things. Aruto is probably stuck up in his office freaking out over the situation.

"You can go over there as my representative to see how things are going. If he isn't able to handle things, advise him to come to me and talk. I might be able to give him some advice on how to run a company," Gai answers. He's seriously going to let me go?

"Alright, I'll go."

"Your ring is here with me. You don't need to wear it until we have the ceremony for the media. I'm just telling you this to remind you of where it is so you don't freak out."

"I'll remember that."

~.~

"So, this is where you make all your technology, huh?" I look around the giant room, which has a few different HumaGear models in it.

It also has a 3D Printer, which he uses for his keys. I am pretty sure of it because that is usually how Halo Horizons mass produces things, unlike my keys. Mine are built by hand and chipped to hook up to our systems to monitor it.

"Yeah, this is where everything neat is," Aruto tells me. "I'm surprised that you came here. How did you escape your new boss?"

I look at him. "I told him that I wanted to check on you since I knew you would be hiding out. Is it a problem for you that I came?" I ask. I hope that I look as tough and cool as I did before. I'm wearing a beige jacket with a matching shirt and pants. My shoes are black and pretty fancy looking.

"It isn't a problem that you came here. I'm glad that you're here since we're about to go out and look for the Dodo Magia," Aruto informs me. Dodo Magia? Little Assassin?

"Dodo Magia? The one who joined them when they raided A.I.M.S. that one day?" I remember that day clearly. I don't know much about the Assassin HumaGear, but I know that he's not a good guy. He's literally the least trustworthy HumaGear at MetsubouJinrai's base.

"That is correct," Izu answers. "He infiltrated the movie set with the purple rider. However, it was the Assassin HumaGear that shot Shinya Owada."

Horobi must have gave him the task to kill that actor. I knew about this plot to a degree and I couldn't even say a word. I pretty much almost got that guy killed. If he dies, I'll be a murderer just like the others. What have I gotten myself into?

"Are you feeling alright, Mari? You look a bit pale," Aruto asks me. "Oh, right! I forgot to introduce you to Wazu real quick. Wazu is Izu's brother since he is her prototype."

I look him in the eyes and nod my head slowly. "I am fine, don't worry." He shouldn't worry about me right now at all. He needs to worry about himself.

"Hello, I'm Wazu," Wazu says to me, staring at me. He's right next to Aruto and he seems to be a detective of sorts. Is he a detective HumaGear?

I bow my head a bit. "I am Mari Snow and I'm Kamen Rider Unity. The name was picked to bring unity to the world through my abilities to save it." I'm not going to introduce myself as anything related to Gai Amatsu at this time.

"Mari is pretty good at combat when she's not injured. I wish she could show it off more," Aruto tells Wazu. "She's also been really helpful in fighting the terrorism going on. She's a shining star!" If only.

I look away, nodding. "Yes, that I am." I force a smile onto my face.

I hate being so fake in front of him right now. I can't let him know that I know all about the truth in this matter. I know that he's not involved in any way with the assassination attempt on Shinya's life and that I know that he's the nicest and most honest President of a company that I have ever met.

"Mari, it seems that you're a bit weak looking. Are you sure you don't need to sit down?" Izu asks me, trying to be helpful to me and my health. Everyone knows that I've been having a rough time.

I look over at her and shake my head. "I'll be fine. I'm just sick of hearing about all the terrorism in the world." I'm sick of falling for bad guys who have no pay off in the love department and I'm sick of being two different people at once.

"If you're not feeling good, why don't you head back to where you work at?" Aruto suggests. He's not going to mention that I'm an employee of ZAIA Enterprise Japan? "You might be sick and you need to get rest. If you can't rest there at your desk, perhaps you could go to the hospital."

"No, I don't need rest, Aruto." I straighten myself out and look him in the eyes. "I'm absolutely fine and I will be assisting you in finding out what happened with that HumaGear and how it came to be."

I am pretty sure I know what happened. Horobi probably got ahold of some HumaGears that he can use for his evil plots, erased their original programming, and then sent them out into the world to cause trouble. But where would an evil terrorist get some HumaGears from?

It could be like how people are kidnapped and sold to people in the human trafficking business. But instead of humans, they're kidnapping HumaGears and selling them to people on the down low. A person who is willing to do illegal activities ain't going to care who they are selling things to. A terrorist like Horobi isn't going to make them say no. If Horobi can pay them, they don't care.

It isn't like how there is a HumaGear detective here. I didn't even know those existed for sure. I knew that security and police for it exist, but not that. Wazu isn't what I would imagine for it. I know there aren't any spares of him around for people to steal.

"Do you have any idea of where to start, Wazu?" I ask, looking at the glasses wearing HumaGear. He also has a cute little detective hat to match his detective suit.

"I'll head out with Izu and begin the investigation officially in order to clear the new President of Hiden Intelligence," Wazu answers. "Come on, my beautiful sister!" Is he already like the ones who Horobi targetted before? Singularity?

"Mari, you can come with me and we can keep the others busy," Aruto tells me. "We all need to split up now."

I'm going to have to agree with him on that.