-Chapter 143

-Chapter 143: No Matter What I Do

"What are you doing here at Daybreak?" Horobi asks me, the sun shining on him just right. He looks so good in this lighting.

It must be nice being a HumaGear sometimes because they don't really have to worry too much about getting hurt by the sun. Horobi just needs to keep himself from overheating. I can't imagine what to do if that happens to him. What happens if he short circuits or something? I'll be upset to see that happen to him.

"I came to visit. I see that you were tracking me." He wouldn't do anything else. 

"I wanted to be sure that you were safe. I saw you coming here, so I came out here to check on you. I wanted to be sure that he didn't send anyone after you," Horobi says, his eyes going behind me. "And it seems like I was right for coming out here."

"Huh?" I turn, my eyes going right on the few A.I.M.S. officers behind me. Gai sent them after me because he predicted me coming to see Horobi? "What are they doing here? Did he really predict me deciding to drop by here?"  

"How about we team up for a moment?" Horobi asks and I turn my head, staring at him as he gets closer to me. "You're going to need assistance for this. I believe that we'll make a good team."

I pull out my belt and nod my head. "Yes, let's fight together, Horobi," I respond, turning my head back to the A.I.M.S. officers staring at us. "I believe this is the first time we're actually going to be handling a problem together."

"We've solved problems together before," he replies as I place my belt on my waist. I pull out my key and activate it, popping it into my belt.

I transform and move forward, rushing towards one of the officers. The officer ducks and transforms into his Raider form, which Gai has allowed all A.I.M.S. personnel to use. I look over as Horobi knocks the one he is fighting down. Wow, he's going ham on that guy!

"Hey, take it easy! They're humans," I exclaim. Not like he cares. He only cares about what the Ark tells him to care about really.

"I won't harm him too badly," he says, kicking the guy in front of me in the back. "Hurry up and fight him."

"Sorry..." I got a bit concerned with what he was up to. Just making sure Horobi's not killing people.

"I know you want to focus on me, but this isn't the time for that. Do it afterwards."

I turn my attention back to my opponent as he recovers from Horobi's kick. I charge forward again and he dodges, barely getting out of the way. I bring up my leg and kick him in the chest, making him groan.

I activate my finisher, which is my kick for today, and I jump up. The A.I.M.S. officer moves his gun up, trying to block me, and I kick him. He falls over and his transformation ends as the other one falls down. I hardly did work with Horobi for this, but we did work together.

"I thought you wanted to go easy on them," Horobi says, bringing up what I said before. Does he really think I didn't go easy on them?

"I did go easy. He survived didn't he?" I turn to him. "I am sure they're here for you and not me. Gai can't force me to stay in the marriage with him."

"I am aware that Jin managed to help you secure what he was blackmailing you with. It is good that you're able to live freely away from him, Mari."

I nod my head and smile. "Me too. So, Horobi, what do we do now that we kick some butt?" It is always the same two officers walking around for Gai.

"I will do whatever you wish to do with me."

"I want to watch a movie with you, Horobi," I say, stepping closer to him as I cancel my transformation. He ends his and nods his head. "So, that's a yes?"