-Chapter 134

-Chapter 134: I Missed You. How Was Your Day? 

I stare at Horobi as he comes to a stop, standing under a bridge in the shade. "Kill me," I order, getting straight to the point with the robotic man. I want to know if the Ark is protecting me or not still.

"No," he responds, his face devoid of any actual emotion. Where is the Horobi I saw when he was locked up with Isamu? His laugh was...interesting.

"No?" Why not?

"I have no intentions of touching you, Mari," he states. "The Ark has not given me the order to do so."

"Is it because of the Abyss System? How long did you know that I was hooked up to it? Why didn't you tell me?" He had to have know what was special about me. All those times he saved me were because of the Ark and it meant nothing did it?

"I knew it from the moment we met. Jin knew it as well, but he thought nothing of it due to my interference," Horobi tells me, his face still flat. "Besides, the Ark gave him the order to keep you alive."

So, they used me because they wanted me to not know about the Ark? Was it to control me? What were they doing with me? Why did the Ark let Jin hurt me? Unless...it allowed it because it was done to get me into their control. That would explain a lot. 

"We do care for you, Mari," Jin's voice says and I turn, my eyes going to Jin as he approaches us. "Horobi did all of what he did because that is what he wanted. The Ark may have given him the order, but you're one of his top priorities. Isn't that right, Horobi?" Jin's eyes flicker over to Horobi.

Is he trying to say that Horobi has feelings for me? Is that what he is saying right now? That Horobi does love me and that he didn't do all of what the Ark said? But that isn't right. It can't be right. The Ark's will is absolute to Horobi.

I turn to Horobi as he stares ahead at Jin, paying no attention to me. Is he trying to tell me that this man, this HumaGear, is in love with me? That Horobi genuinely has feelings for me?

"It is none of your concern, Jin, why I keep Mari around," Horobi states, practically shooting Jin's words down.

"But you love her. You're letting her slip away because of the Ark. Are you just going to let some human show up and snatch her away from you? You can firmly grasp your own happiness, Horobi," Jin tells him. Is he not wanting Aruto to be close to me so Horobi can have me? He's a bit late on that train right now.

"I will be with her if it is meant to be." So, he's saying if the Ark wills it, right?

"But that isn't how you truly feel! Horobi, please accept-"

"Watch your mouth, Jin," Horobi says, interrupting Jin's words. This doesn't sound like a man who loves me like Jin claims he does. Horobi is so cruel.  

"Then you wouldn't mind me doing this, right?" Jin asks and he pulls off his key from his chain. He pulls out his newer transformation device and activates the key, popping it in as well.

He transforms and he jumps up, disappearing into the flames of his key. Where in the world is he going? What is he trying to show Horobi?

I feel something pull me back and something go against my neck. I gasp as the hold tightens and Horobi turns, his eyes changing a little bit. He still looks so cold right now.

"Well, what is it then? Do you care or do you not care for her?" Jin? Is he seriously doing this to make Horobi do something to prove his point? 

I turn my head a bit, making sure not to turn too much. "Jin, stop this," I say, begging for him to end this stand off with Horobi. "It doesn't matter if he has feelings for me or not. I'm not one of his priorities." Oh, my heart is really pounding right now from Jin doing this to me. Is he going to harm me to stick it to Horobi?