-Chapter 28

**Trigger warning: Mentions of violence by former partner. Nothing that isn't the usual for a Kamen Rider to deal with, but I still want to put this here for those who can't handle domestic violence. Thanks**

-Chapter 28: Help Me

Horobi places a bag against my skin, which is wrapped in cloth, and kneels a bit down on the ground. "Thank you for getting the ice, Jin. I don't want or care to know where you got it from."

I wonder what came over Horobi in order to make him put a tracker on me. That isn't part of his character. He's not the kind of guy to want to help someone like me, who is his enemy. Even if he claims I'm part of his little group, I'll never be truly part of it.

"You managed to get Mari back home." Jin seems cheerful about me being home again. He's lucky Horobi knew that he should track me.

"Your head is a bit warm, Mari. Are you feeling alright?" Horobi asks.

 I nearly forgot he checked my vitals and head on the way here. He had to carry me back because I couldn't stand up properly due to all the leg shaking. I'm sure he looked my face over to make sure no reason damage was done to it.

"I'm in pain. That's all I feel right now." Allen didn't need to smack me, but he did. He was so enraged by seeing Horobi come for me.

"I see. Take your medicine when you're done. You'll have to recover from your fever the old fashion way," Horobi states. "The others went to the school earlier today. Well, after you got kidnapped from Hiden's property."

"Thanks for saving me." I look down, closing my eyes. It is embarrassing that I needed saving.

He moves the bag, touching another part of my skin. "I figured he would try something on you since he is obsessed with having you. It doesn't matter about your face, Mari. What matters is that you at one point resembled her and he feels like he owns you."

I open my eyes and sigh. "I know..." Yet I still went out and didn't care to watch my surroundings carefully.

"You need to switch into something more comfortable. I didn't use your boat to get you in here." He left my boat on the other side of town? "I'll handle that later with Jin. He will retrieve your boat tomorrow."

"What do you want me to wear?"

"A night dress."

"I'll change later when Jin is gone." I look over at Jin. "Understand that, Jin?"

"But I just got home after those people got ahold of that thing from me!" Jin whines. Such a kid!

"Women need space to change. I have zero interest in Mari, so it doesn't bother me to be in the room with her. However, you are completely interested in knowing about certain things you don't need to know about or worry about."

"I promise not to look!" Jin exclaims.

I shake my head. "Please let me change in a room with Horobi in it only. I am worried that you will try taking my bra from me while I'm switching clothes." I have a few bras hidden from them, but I think Jin could find it and play with it.

"Fine." Jin pouts. "I'll go and sulk outside!"

He turns and leaves, leaving me with Horobi. I feel bad that I had him go, but I only trust Horobi alone with me. Even though what he said was harsh, it is the truth. Horobi has little to no interest in me.

I look at Horobi, looking at his handsome face. "So, can you stop doing that for a moment? I'll pop a pill soon and not worry about my injuries any longer."

"How are you able to live life knowing that he might come back for you? I don't understand it."

"Just like you don't understand jokes probably, huh? You're too serious to get certain things." I swallow hard. "Uh...I just try and live. Just for the moment, you know?"