-Chapter 180

-Chapter 180: No Amount of Love is Enough

Horobi had been tossed aside quickly by Jin before he could even process it. He was tossed back to save his robot life. Jin gave up himself for Horobi despite having orders to get rid of him.

Aruto approaches Horobi, obviously ready to destroy him, and I tighten my grasp on my key. This is going to end here and now. We're going to stop Aruto and make him understand that revenge isn't what he should be doing. Two wrongs won't make a right. Horobi knows what he did was wrong, but he doesn't grasp it. He will never understand it until he is given the proper amount of time to process it. Also, everyone needs to let him know it was wrong.

"Aruto, you shouldn't be fighting him," I say, moving to Horobi's side. "You know that it won't make things right. It won't undo what he did." Aruto will be able to deal with Horobi's army, but can he deal with hurting either one of us? He can't live with himself if he hurts me.

Horobi did a bad thing and it can't be undone. We can only move pass this and start again. Horobi is responsible for his actions now, but he still doesn't have a grasp on right or wrong fully. The Ark is the one who taught him what is right and wrong, so he is misguided still. Horobi has to use his feelings to begin understanding things.

"He's going to pay for what he did," Aruto states, his eyes going to me with the coldest look possible in the world. "He will be destroyed for what he did."

"Aruto..." He should let this go. Izu wanted to make Horobi smile and laugh, not kill him. "You're an idiot..."

"I have to do this, Mari," Auto tells me. "He doesn't care about what he did to Izu!"

I shake my head. "No, you want to do this because you're insane right now. You're out for blood and you won't stop until you spill it. Aruto, if you truly love me, let this go. Let Horobi off with what he did before you cause more pain and suffering." If he doesn't stop, he'll definitely cause someone some pain.

"I love you, but I have to do what needs to be done. Horobi needs to be put down for what he did."

"And what then? What happens after you do that? Do we get back together and act like it never happened?" How can he think I'll forgive him if he kills Horobi? How does he think that will work out for us?

"Horobi has to pay."

"We all do, Aruto. Let A.I.M.S. handle him." This is a job for them after all. Horobi is an AI and needs to be dealt with by the proper authorities yet again.

"I will make him pay for killing Izu. Mari, you have to understand me right now. Your past self was murdered by Allen. Do you remember how you felt when you were with him?"

"I know and I remember it well, Aruto," I respond. "But you know what? I grew from it! I grew from the abuse that I faced and became the woman I am today! Without all that happening to me, I wouldn't be here right now with you all!" I wouldn't have came to Japan the way I did and I wouldn't be the woman I am right now.

"Mari, just stand back and let me do what I need to do. He has to pay for what he did! He has to pay for his sins!"

"Yes, he sinned against you and the others," I say, shaking my head. "But does that mean you need to answer it with another one? Aruto, let me handle this, alright? I can fix things for you and him. I can do it, believe me." 

Aruto shakes his head. "Mari, I'm doing this on my own." 

Horobi turns to me and shoves me away from him, getting me as far as he can. I fall onto the ground and look over my shoulder as Aruto transforms. Horobi noticed that...?