-Chapter 4

-Chapter 4: Marionette

"Why are you two following us around?" Isamu asks as I tag along with Kairi, following him to wherever he is going today.

"To get to you two," I answer. I need to tag along with him and Yua to see what they do every single day. Well, not every single day.

I also need to gather intel to give to Jin and his boss, Horobi. After I gift it to them, they can do whatever they want with it. I don't know who this mysterious Horobi is and what they are, but they're trash. They only good news is that they will let Kairi be okay.

"Whatever, Mari. Just keep your HumaGear out of my way and we'll be okay," he responds coldly. "Also, one more thing, stay out of our way when we're doing our job." Rude. How dare he hate on Kairi just because she's not human!

"Whatever, dude," I reply, sighing. I don't have time to deal with this crap. Can't he just do something already? I'm bored.

After that man child wrapped up my hand, I went home. Then I fixed up my hand myself, just to make sure that it was actually okay, and lived my life for the rest of the evening. Rei asked me how I got it, of course. I just lied about it basically and he gave me a lecture about me letting my personality get in the way of things. Whatever. 

"I heard you went into Daybreak the other day. Did you hurt yourself there?" Yua asks me, speeding up to Isamu's side. Where did she even come from?

"I did go there the other day to check it out. It was apart of the job to." My boss sent me to see the damage and see if everything checks out. Of course, it did check out fully. "I got injured due to my carelessness."

"I see. You should try being careful when doing your job or else you'll be replaced just like the HumaGears that Hiden Intelligence has to replace after they get hacked."

"Right." I nod as my hand burns. I can still feel his touch on it. What a painful experience to go through. "It wasn't to bad though since I am able to use my hand still. Just a little scratch is all."

"Did you find anything there besides a place for you to hurt yourself?" Isamu asks, stopping. I stop too.

"No, why?" Why would I even tell them about finding something anyway? I'm not working for them and never will be.

MetsubouJinrai.NET is just casually chilling in the ruins of Daybreak Town and no one can stop them from doing so. Honestly, how are they able to not draw attention there? With how Jin dresses, someone should already be tailing them. It isn't like they're trying to hide out exactly with that kind of fashion. I hope Horobi has a better sense of fashion than Jin.

"Just curious is all. What a waste of a trip to Daybreak Town then." Is he seriously hating on my trip to Daybreak?

"Her task was to access the damage and see if history could help us in anyway," Kairi states, her voice hardly robotic sounding. I love her so much.

"Whatever."

I clear my throat. "Uh...so, what is Aruto doing right now? Is he doing CEO work or something?" I don't want to talk anymore about Daybreak Town and I certainly don't want to remember anything about Jin right now.

"The President of Hiden Intelligence is probably up to no good," Isamu states, sounding ticked off. He really doesn't trust him, huh?

"The President of Hiden Intelligence is currently going to a meeting," Kairi says, not caring that Isamu said an answer. Probably because it isn't logical to her in any shape or form. "Do you wish to talk to him later, Mari?"

"No, I don't need to talk to him at the moment. Maybe some other time when I have something to share with him about the terrorists or HumaGears being hacked," I answer. "Kairi, please log whatever we do today."