-Chapter 30

-Chapter 30: Secrets Between

"Why were you there in the first place? You did not tell me that you would be heading to the hospital, but that you would be heading to do your job." Horobi doesn't have to be so mean so early in the day. Well, evening. 

A water drop hits the water puddle on the floor and I swallow hard. "Can you tell Jin to leave so I can say what I was there for? It isn't something that is meant to be heard by his ears," I ask. Well, his lack of ears.

"Why should I go? Aren't we friends?" Jin asks, sounding upset. "Did I do something wrong to you? Was it when the Giger accidentally hit you with some rubble?"

"No, it isn't because I am upset with you, Jin. How could I be upset with you when you're so much fun?" I ask, looking towards him. "I just need to tell Horobi about it. It is a personal thing, honestly."

"Jin, leave me and Mari alone for a bit. This is something that is between us," Horobi orders.

"FINE!" Jin turns, heading to the door. "I'll be back later." What a child!

I turn to Horobi, adjusting my position on my makeshift couch. He is probably going to hate me for going there without a good reason to him. He probably thinks I should go to the hospital if I'm near death.

"Now, what is it? Did something happen to you because of Allen?" Horobi asks me.

I shake my head. "No, I just went there to see if I could have a kid at some point."

"And?" He looks me over, eyes going to all the cuts and bruises I gained earlier. It is a lot of fun getting injured over and over again! Not.

"I'm going to have to spend a ton of money to fix what is wrong with me in order to have kids. It turns out that my hormones aren't at the right level and the scar tissue is there for sure." I swallow hard and close my eyes, my chest burning. "They didn't give me a percentage for my chances of having a child, but I know it is low at the moment."

I'm not into getting someone else to help me out at this moment since I know no one who can help besides Aruto. However, I am embarrassed just thinking about telling someone other than a robot man about it. It is better for me to move on from this and not worry about it again.

"I see."

"It isn't worth the money right now." I open my eyes and look away from him. "It is what I want, but I don't know if I can handle it at this time. Maybe down the road before I become the last living human, right?"

"I can't have humans repopulating the Ark's Earth."

"Right..." I'm so stupid for even trying. "Forget that I brought this up, Horobi. It is just stupid to talk about with you."

"Next time you head out to some place like that, you need to tell me so I don't put you in harm's way by accident. I couldn't access anything about the hospital when it wasn't hacked, but I could afterwards. I will evacuate you next time if you tell me before I go off and do what the will of the Ark is."

My heart is pounding now. "I get it, I do." I nod. "I won't do something like that again without you knowing. It was dumb of me to rush off and do something so impulsive. I shouldn't be worrying about kids when I need to focus on you and the Ark's plan."

"I believe that the Ark wants you to survive for now."

"Huh?"

"It has told me that killing you isn't the way to go at the moment. So, enjoy living for now." 

I look him in the eyes as my heart speeds up. What is this feeling taking over me? Was Nina right about me liking him?

"Did it bother you to see Vulcan attacking me earlier?" Horobi asks. What's he getting at?