-Chapter 11

-Chapter 11: Fake

I stumble into Aruto's office as my bottom lip throbs from the good hit I made Jin give me. I seriously had to beg him for him to punch me right in the face. He seemed happy with doing so. He loves having fun fighting. I did the other crap to my body to make sure it looked beat up.

"Mari!" Aruto gets up quickly, looking shocked. I don't blame him for having that look on his face. I look like total crap.

I look over at Isamu and Yua, swallowing a bit of metal taste. Jin punched me a little too hard. Wonderful.

My eyes go over to Kairi as she gets up from where she's sitting at. She looks okay. I'm glad. She's my main priority right now due to her being the target of MetsubouJinrai if I don't behave. 

"The...the terrorist stole my key," I say, pain shooting through my face. Yeah, not going to have Jin do that ever again. "I got a new key from my boss and he took it from me. I only managed to escape with my driver and my basic key. Also, with my life." Obviously.

Yua looks me over, looking doubtful about what I'm saying. "Did they say why they wanted that key they took from you?" she asks, going along with it. It isn't like she can say I wasn't kidnapped. Everyone witnessed it.

I shake my head. "No, he didn't tell me what he wanted. He just told me that they needed it. I think that isn't the case and that they're just trying to scare us. They could take any of our weapons if they can take mine." I am glad I made this up before I got here. I have to keep thinking in order to protect my secret.

This plan is going pretty well right now. Yua can't prove that I didn't get kidnapped since Aruto and Isamu saw me getting kidnapped. She can't argue against what they saw. Also, Jin knocked me out so any cameras nearby in the area will show that. Horobi is really something, huh? Why am I even thinking about that man?

Aruto steps around his desk. "Izu, grab the first aid kit," he orders. He seriously has one of those on hand here?

"Understood." Izu leaves, heading to get the first aid stuff.

"Did you see any other terrorists?" Isamu asks, getting the point. He doesn't care about what he saw earlier. He just wants new details about where I was. "Did you see the one in the video at all?"

I'm going to lie about not seeing Horobi. "I didn't see anyone but the one who kidnapped me and Magias all over the place. They have some sort of control over them at their base," I lie, frowning. They can't prove that I'm wrong.

"The guy who said he's the 'Pioneer of the New world', right?" Aruto asks. I know he probably is ticked off that Jin said that. 

"I'm not sure if he is the leader of them or not, but he was there." Horobi is the head as far as I know. I do not know if there is anyone else or not because I have only seen those two there.

"If they stole your key, they might try to do something with it." Yua stands up. "I'll make sure we get a report on this written up and file some sort of thing to keep an eye out for it. I'm going to notify my superiors that our keys are fine for now, but to keep an eye out for those who try to steal them." She's going to go along with this for now because she can't argue with what everyone saw earlier. Horobi did well with this.

"Yeah, we should go and do that. Kairi, you should stay here and keep an eye on Mari. She needs you," Isamu says, ordering Kairi around. He's just trying to play nice right now.

"I'll do so," Kairi responds. "See you soon, Isamu." I think she really likes following his orders. Then again, she was stuck with me for so long and I'm not the most exciting person to take orders from.