-Chapter 140

-Chapter 140: I Even Attempted to Blindly Follow You

Aruto stops himself from landing a blow on Horobi, barely stopping in time, and I fall to my knees as my heart pounds madly. That was too close for comfort. Why did Horobi leave my side and rush over like that? Wait...is he having a dad moment right now for Jin? That would be the only way to explain what just happened. 

Aruto and Jin were just fighting a moment ago and then Aruto went for the finish for the fight. He dominated Jin. He had him ready to be offed and then Horobi went forward, leaving my side completely. He literally left me to go to Jin without any hesitation. He just threw himself in front of him and got ready to take the hit for him. 

"Why...why did I move?" Horobi asks himself, looking very confused. 

He doesn't know why he moved to protect Jin because he didn't ever think for himself before. Now he's starting to think for himself and that is a good thing. I want Horobi to be able to express himself.

Jin rushes around him and picks up Horobi, flying as fast as he possibly can. He comes towards me and grabs me, holding me right up next to Horobi, and I turn my head quickly. This isn't what it looks like at all. I don't want to be pressed up like this against Horobi! Aruto, I'm sorry about this since I didn't know it was going to happen!

"Hey!" Aruto shouts, sounding disappointed as Jin turns towards the way their base is.

If I could not be right up against Horobi, I would be following Aruto to where the trouble currently is. But that isn't going to happen right now since I'm kidnapped and didn't have time to actually register it. Too bad Horobi is lost in thought about why he saved Jin in the first place right now. For a robot, he's pretty oblivious to his own feelings.

It isn't that it feels bad to be up against Horobi, but it isn't what I want to do with him. He's quite soft for a robot man and he smells like he used to. He's handsome too, but I really want to be up on Aruto right now. Jin gave me no choice in this matter. I definitely wouldn't pick this if given an option.

"We're here already," Jin tells me, dropping me down with Horobi onto the ground.

I stumble, leaning a bit towards Horobi, and he puts his hand on my back, steadying me. 

"Thanks," I say, lifting my head up and staring at him. This brings back memories for ages ago.

Horobi stares into my eyes. "Are you alright, Mari?" he asks me, looking a bit lost. He's still thinking about why he saved Jin.

"Ah...I'm fine. You?" I bring my hand up to his chest and touch it, looking down at it. "Is anything broken inside?" I'm not trying to feel him up, just checking on him. He could be damaged and not have it show due to his clothes blocking it.

"Everything is in order," he responds, his eyes looking downwards. "I'm not damaged in any way. I would know that kind of thing." 

"Good." I don't want to see that ever again. "Horobi, thank you for protecting me up there. I could have ended up hurt if I didn't be careful." He is good at making sure that I'm not in danger due to the Ark's will to keep me out of harm's way. 

"Hey, can you two have your moment later?" Jin ask, pretty much teasing us and being serious all at once. "We have important business to attend to."

"What moment do you think we're having?" I ask, removing my hand from Horobi's chest. I feel something go around it and bring it back to the position it was just in before I moved it. "Horobi..."

I turn my head back to him and look up at his face as he looks even more confused. He doesn't get it does he? Is he...is he really starting to gain his own feelings all of the sudden?