-Chapter 173

-Chapter 173: It's Not Fine

I swallow a bit as I slide my finger on my phone and hold it up to my ear.

"Mari, Horobi has made an army and is fighting right now. Where are you at? Do you think you can lend a hand to make sure his forces to make it towards the city?" Yua asks me, informing me of what is going on right now.

Horobi really is intent on doing what he can to make sure that Jin is safe and that the Ark doesn't rise up again. I don't believe that he truly wants to hurt humanity. What he wants to do is prevent the Ark because he fears what it can do to his people. He doesn't want them to be destroyed.

"Yeah, I think I can show up soon. Uh...I'll stop by our place and change into something that doesn't involve heels." I actually am not going to do that. I need to just decide what form I'm going use. "I'll be there soon. Keep them busy, alright?"

"Take your time, Mari."

"I will." I pull the phone down and hang up.

There is no way I can get Kairi to join this in time. I'm going to have to go in alone and deal with this myself. I can get Abyss to join, but I rather not. She doesn't need to fight Horobi right now. That isn't what she's supposed to be doing at this time anyway. She's there for when the Ark shows back up and that is that.

I think I know which key that I need to use right now. Honestly, it isn't something I should even use against someone as strong as Horobi. I don't have a choice though. It is the only key that will get my message across to him. Horobi will understand it once he sees it.

Horobi is only fighting because he believes all humans are pretty much dangerous right now. He knows I'm not dangerous, but I don't think he should count me out of that club just yet. What happens if I am secretly dangerous? What happens if there is a piece of the Ark inside me and I don't now it yet? 

Beep!

I look down at my phone and stare at the screen.

Gai: If you're going to be backup today, make sure to do your best. Don't get hurt.

Gai is messaging me right now? I don't need him to be my personal cheerleader right now. What I need is someone or something to knock some sense into Horobi's head. Honestly, what's it made of? It literally keeps common sense out of it. 

I slide my finger on the screen and press on the keyboard.

Me: I will do my best. Thank you for believing in me. See you soon, Gai.

I think that is an appropriate message for my ex-husband, right? That should do it. He doesn't need to know what I intend to do today fully. It isn't like my business is his business. He is an ex for a reason.

Now, it is time to head out and stop some Humagear named Horobi from causing issues. Of course, he's not just some Humagear. He's important to me. 

~.~

I stare at Horobi as he knocks Yua away from him, doing so with ease. He's so strong, but he's not strong mentally. He's starting to shatter completely from his own feelings that he is afraid of. How do I get him to accept that he has feelings? I am not enough on my own am I?

Yua falls to the ground and Horobi holds up his attache arrow. I turn my head, staring at Isamu, as he deals with some Magia. He's not paying attention right now. He's not going to be able to stop this from happening. He's too far away to even notice she's in trouble. I'm going to have to go in and stop this mess.

I pull out my driver and attach it to my waist, my eyes returning to Yua as she moves out of the way of one arrow. I pull out my key I picked for this, which is my base key, and press the side of it. This is the time to do this.