-Chapter 162

-Chapter 162: But I Still Reach for the Light

Kairi jumps back as Horobi misses a smack with his attache arrow on her. He has been purposely avoiding me this entire fight. He is definitely following the rules of the Ark right now. I wonder who the Ark is inside of right now because the Ark isn't deal with me itself by using Horobi.

Horobi holds out his attache arrow, making a purple energy arrow appear, and Kairi holds up hers. She pulls her hand back as a silver one appears. She's really going to put him down for me isn't she? I don't think she should do that. We just need to knock him out and then kidnap him at this point.

She fires and he fires back, their arrows colliding.

BANG!

The smoke clears and Horobi turns, catching Kairi's fist before it can collide with his face. He tosses her back and I move forward. Bingo!

He turns to me as my weapon touches his helmet, probably showing him that this is checkmate. He stares at me, probably wondering what is going on through my mind right now, and I swallow. What is he thinking right now? He should know my thoughts. 

Can I even do this to Horobi? Can I put an end to him for the greater good for the world? I know Nina gave Kairi a key to transform with earlier to help me do this, but I don't think we should. I can't kill Horobi.

I put my weapon down to the side and look away from him, my eyes going to Kairi. Yeah, I am not able to do this. I cannot kill Horobi.

I pull out my key and stare at Horobi as he ends his transformation, his cold eyes on me probably on me. I look at him and stare at his intimidating eyes, which are as cold as they were when we met. I think the Ark is making sure numb his feelings towards things, but I can't be sure of it. For all I know, he's deciding to side with the Ark or going into acting. I can't tell right this moment.

"Go ahead and destroy me, Mari," Horobi says, his voice calm. How can he ask that of me right now? I just put my weapon down to the side and ended my transformation.

"Horobi..." I shake my head. "I...I can't destroy you. I care too much about you to do that to you."

Horobi steps closer to me. "Do it if you really care about me. Don't you want to stop the Ark? If so, then end me."

"Not at the cost of your life. I'm against that completely," I answer, being honest with him. "I refuse to be the one that ends your life, Horobi. I love you way too much to kill you. I can't ever bring myself to do that." I cannot kill the person I love.

He nods his head a little bit, looking slightly confused by my actions. "I see."

"You can kill me you know. Why don't you do it, Horobi."

"That isn't the Ark's will. I follow the Ark's will and if the Ark wants you to live, you get to live."

"Or is it your own will telling you to keep me alive?" I narrow my eyes. "Tell me. Why are you keeping me alive right now, Horobi?"

Horobi's eyes narrow a bit, looking like he's slightly annoyed by me. No, he's not annoyed by me. He's annoyed that I'm insisting that he wants me to live and not the Ark. Horobi doesn't want to believe that he is able to function on his own.

"Mari, are you alright?" Kairi asks and I turn my head, staring at her as she stops near me. "I see that you're speaking with Horobi. Shall I leave you two alone for a moment?"

I look back at Horobi and clear my throat as he looks me over. "No, we're done speaking to each other right now. We were able to come to an understanding about what we're going to do moving forward. He's going to follow the Ark and I'm going to destroy the Ark."