-Chapter 178

-Chapter 178: Walk Through the Fire

"Mari," Izu's voice says and I look up from my papers, staring at her as she approaches me in a hurry. What is she doing here bothering me at this time? I have a ton of work I need to do, but I guess I should give her a moment of my time. 

"Izu..." Is something going on that I should know about? If so, how can I handle it? "What is it? What's going on?" 

"I had a dream that showed me something horrible happening to Horobi."

"Dream?" A simulation of sorts? "What happened?" What happened to Horobi in her dream?

She looks away from me, looking a bit unsure of herself.

"Izu, you can tell me anything." I stand up. "Please..." If it is about Horobi, I should know about it. He's my responsibility after all. 

"Horobi became the Ark in it." She looks back at me.

"Horobi...became that?" Horobi would never become the Ark unless pushed to it. He doesn't have complete and utter evil in him right this moment. "Izu, are you sure that it'll happen?"

"It is a simulation that was shown to me. I believe that we should go and stop it from happening right now. I wanted to tell you so you could come with me. I feel like you're with me, we'll have a higher chance of convincing Horobi to stop what he is doing right now." Izu really thinks that? She's totally wrong that I can do anything about Horobi's emotional problems.

I nod my head. "Yeah, let's go."

I think we should at least try doing something about that rogue Humagear of mine.

~.~

"Horobi, you need to stop this." Izu is really trying to get him to stand down, but I doubt that is going to happen.

I believe that this is all pointless. Horobi is not going to back down from his plan. He is going to keep doing what he is doing until it gets too far. Horobi doesn't understand the consequences of his actions like he thinks he does. Horobi has never had to process it all on his own until now. He won't stop until something bad happens to him or something makes him snap out of it.

"Get out of my way," Horobi responds, refusing to back down as usual. I'm not surprised that he's not willing to stop doing what he is doing.

"Horobi, I think you should consider listening to her right now, alright?" I look at him as he closes his eyes tightly. "Consider it, please."

He opens his eyes and looks at me. "Are you taking sides?"

I shake my head. "No, that isn't what this is. I want you to listen to what she has to say. She saw something and you need to hear about what she saw. You know how she has simulations, right?"

"I don't have time for this. A.I.M.S. will be here any moment along with the others. I am going to stop them from having this planet and making the Ark come back. I have to do this in order to protect my people."

"And what about me then?" I take a step towards him. "What about me?"

Horobi looks away, his face changing a little bit. "You're one of my people to me. You won't bring back the Ark."

"You don't know that for sure. I could become someone deadly to you at any moment, Horobi. I'm a weapon." I've been trained to take on the Humagears and he knows that the Abyss system was hooked up to the Ark to a degree.

He looks back at me. "You couldn't do that."

"The Ark thrives off hatred and a lot more things. If I became someone full of hatred, I think I could bring it back..." I hope that doesn't happen, but it is possible.