-Chapter 78

-Chapter 78: No One Has to Know

I lean in towards Horobi, looking him in his cold eyes. "How has Isamu been treating you?" I ask as he stares back at me, eyes as vacant as ever. What does he feel inside that HumaGear head of his? 

Isamu has brought me in once again to help him get more information out of Horobi. However, I doubt I can be any use to him again. Horobi isn't into sharing any of the information he has with me. He's not like Aruto when it comes to sharing things with me, which is okay. It makes him different from Aruto and I appreciate it. We don't need a million Arutos running around in the world because I would have to share him then.

"That man has been treating me just fine," Horobi answers. "I heard about you being treated even worse. I wish I could say it wasn't part of the Ark's will, but it is. Everything is per the Ark's will. Of course, not you being abused by Allen and the other doucebag." I hope that one day he can stop believing in the Ark. It is no good for him and I can one hundred percent say that.

"What a tasteful word coming from you, Horobi," I say, laughing a bit. "Douchebag? Did Isamu teach you that somehow?" I love being with him again. It is nice.

"I am pretty sure that you have used it a few times, Mari. You used to crap talk about me in your sleep." Why is he saying I did that to him? "It is true that you did, Mari. I remember it clearly." 

"Hey, I did not!" Did I? He never mentioned it before has he?

It is possible that I did do that. He wouldn't lie to me about that. He has no reason to lie to me about that and he's always been pretty honest with me when he wants to talk to me. 

"You said I was cold and rude all the time whenever you fell asleep frustrated with me. You didn't always talk in your sleep, but you did here and there. I find your sleep talking fascinating."

I look away from his face as mine burns. "Hey, you don't have to keep mentioning stuff like that to me!" This is really embarrassing and I don't need Isamu hearing it. It is bad enough he knows I assisted Horobi a bit when I was a fresh face around here.

"Quit being lovey-dovey over there!" Isamu shouts and I look back at Horobi. Does he really think we're being like that? I am nothing like that with Horobi.

"You just wish you could get some action," Horobi tells Isamu, sounding still half wrecked. "Then you could leave me alone with Mari."

"Hey, shut up!" Isamu, what a comeback!

I wish someone would fix his robot man voice box, but he is refurbished and ready to do whatever he needs to do. I shouldn't have such high expectations with whoever refurbished him skills. It probably was Yua who did and she needs to learn how to make it better.

I smile, resisting the urge to laugh at poor Isamu's pain. "You just love teasing him."

"He makes such wonderful reactions to me and my words. I really think I piss him off a lot," he replies, leaning a bit forward. "Mari, I will get out of here one day and we should run away together."

"Huh?" Run away together? Like that one TXT song? I love TXT's song Run Away.

He gets a bit closer. "No one has to know about that. We should run away together and restart our lives together in order to complete my own goals." What is making him say this to me?

Do I want to run off with him? I used to want to do that with him. I actually hoped for him to want me completely like how I wanted him.

"Horobi..." This is huge. Too huge for me to give an answer to right now.

"I won't force you to make a decision unlike others out there. I heard that someone forced you to come home with them. It passed through the grape vines," Horobi tells me. Actually, it didn't do that. We all know Isamu let it slip out and probably failed to cover his tracks.