-Chapter 186

-Chapter 186: How Cold Have I Become?

I put my hands on my stomach and look into the mirror, staring at the woman in it. 

How am I supposed to do this? I'm becoming a mother now and I'm worried others will know the timing is off. I'm worried about so many things now. 

"You're not showing yet. Do not worry about if you are or aren't showing right now. You should be focusing on your health after what happened to Jin. I'm worried about you, Mari."

I turn to him, looking him in his dark eyes. "Gai, do you think that there is something wrong with me?" Why am I even asking him this?

"There is nothing wrong with grieving for someone you lost. You lost your precious son, so you're in a lot of pain. As long as that doesn't become malice, you won't be like Aruto and Horobi."

"When great malice is born, Master Ark can be revived."

Malice? I believe that I do have malice inside me right now and that it is great like Azu said. There is a reason why she approached me and it is because I am capable of causing great harm to those around me. Luckily, I didn't take her key from her and can't cause any trouble with it.

"Is something wrong?" Gai asks me, sounding worried.

"Oh, it is nothing." Or is that malice going to cause something even more dangerous one day?

"You're quite an interesting person. Perhaps that something else will interest you in the future. You never know what will take a hold of that malice of yours. I know it is inside you. How long can you resist it?"

I want to know what she meant by that. What did Azu mean when she said that to me? She is wondering how long I will hold out from taking that key from her, right? Yeah, that has to be it. There is nothing else out there that can cause anymore pain to everyone around us. She's the only cause of pain we have besides Aruto and Horobi being two giant man babies. 

"You seem distracted."

I shake my head. "It is nothing." 

"You lost your son and you don't even care to get justice for it."

"Mari."

I turn my head, staring at the entrance of the room. "Horobi?" 

Horobi moves closer, his eyes looking a bit empty, and I look at Gai. Gai's eyes narrow a bit and I look back at Horobi. How did he even get into this place? It has a security system that is supposed to keep out those who aren't inside. 

"How did you get in here, Horobi?" Gai asks him, getting straight to business. "Are you here to see Mari?"

Horobi nods his head quickly. "Yes, that is why I'm here," he answers. "I was wondering how she is after not seeing her for a bit." So, he's going to pretend that we haven't had contact with each other for a bit? 

"Mari hasn't seen you since that day, right?" Gai questions. 

"I haven't seen her in a long time in my mind." Horobi moves closer towards us. "Gai, I wish to spend time with her for a bit. I won't stay here for way too long."

I look at Gai as he turns to me. "Well?" I ask.

"Horobi can stay over, but I better not see Aruto come here. If he starts a fight here, I won't be happy about it. Then you won't be able to have any guys over. Especially the Humagear kind." Gai's expression softens a bit and he looks over at Horobi. "Please take good care of her. She's delicate right now."

"She has always been quite delicate," Horobi responds. "I won't do anything under your roof. I would not do that to Mari."  

"Don't you want to kill me for making the Ark?"