-Chapter 90

-Chapter 90: Letting You Go Doesn't Mean I Want to Forget You

"You don't want to have an affair with me anymore?" Aruto asks as I stare at Gai's back. Aruto is under the impression that Gai doesn't know about it and I would like to keep it that way. "He only knew about the first time."

"I know, but I don't want him to know there is a lot going on between us, Aruto. I will always care for you, but I can't be putting your into a dangerous position with him," I state. "So, Aruto, I do not wish to continue our affair. From now on, I want to be the wife of Gai Amatsu and become good to him." I hope he can see that I don't want to stop this with him, but I have to.

"I don't mind being in a dangerous position for you, Mari." My eyes go to him as he stares at me, his eyes looking so sad. "I love you."

I shake my head and look at him, frowning. "I can't hurt you. Not when he can ruin your entire life and my entire life so easily. Besides, we've patched things up recently. It'll be wrong to go behind his back and ruin our renewed trust in each other." He might know that I don't want a relationship with Gai. I just have to hope he can see that I want to be free of that terrible man.

"Mari..." His eyes look away from me as his face turns into sadness. I feel bad for pushing him away right now, but I really don't want to harm him anymore than I have. The poor guy has been at my side waiting for me despite Gai and Horobi being in the way.

"I'm so sorry, Aruto." I bow my head and close my eyes. "I wish it didn't have to be this way."

I'm not going to be like Elise when it comes to being married to someone. I'm going to find a legal way away from Gai and use that to be free. It seems dangerous to continue an affair when Gai can figure out things about it with ease. I'm pretty sure that he is waiting for some evidence of one so he can tank Aruto's image further and I won't let that happen. I need to prevent that. 

"It seems like you two are done discussing whatever needed be said. Thank you for allowing us to pay you a visit, President of Hiden Intelligence. I do not know how much longer you will be President for, but enjoy it while you can," Gai says. Of course he's getting into this now. He knows what I was saying. "What did my wife have to say?"

"She just wanted to let me know that she's open to collaborating with Hiden Intelligence in the future," Aruto lies, turning to Gai. He probably wishes he could punch him in the face right now. "And that she would love to go on another double date with me and Nina."

"I think it could be profitable no matter who ends up owning Hiden Intelligence," I say, looking down. "I am honored to work with whoever does get it since Hiden Intelligence has a really long, but interesting, history." Nice touch with the double date thing, Aruto.

"It does have a long and interesting history. It'll get even more interesting once my hands are on it." Gai places a hand onto my back. "We should get going, Mari."

I look at Gai's face and nod. "Yes, I think it is time for us to depart. President Aruto Hiden, please do your best to compete with my husband in the five part competition. It won't be fun if it is a complete beat down." I hate to sound rude, but I got to seem like I support Gai completely.

This isn't something I'm doing to hurt Aruto, but to protect him. If Gai thinks I'm no longer interested in him, things will surely get better from here on out for him and everyone else. I'm tired of Gai toying with Aruto and using it against me. I have to do something even if it means hurting the one I truly love and care about. We all have to make sacrifices, but not all of them are ones that hurt us a lot on the inside.

"I have faith in my company's HumaGears," Aruto says, sounding positive. "I hope that you can have as much faith in your company's product, President Amatsu."