-Chapter 121

-Chapter 121: Your Star is Me

"So, you have a chip in your head that he can control?" Aruto asks me, turning off one of his clocks. Just how many clocks does one man need? 

He just woke up, but I've been awake for a bit watching him. I did clean up a bit though. Not like I needed to since he's pretty neat so far.

"Yeah, he can control it if he wants to. He has made it clear that he hasn't done it for a reason." He doesn't find the idea of sleeping with someone who can't consent all that fun for him. At least he's not that kind of man.

I pick up a pitcher and hold it over a cup, pouring him a glass of water. I brought some water in here so he can have some when he gets up. I'll prepare him something else eventually because water probably isn't all that exciting to him.

"I am glad he won't do anything sexual to you that you don't agree with. I always worry about that happening to you again."

"I worry about it too, but I would actually prefer it if he did that instead of controlling what I do. It is so suffocating to not be allowed to live freely at all," I say, looking off to the side as I put the pitcher down. "Do you want some water?"

"That would be nice."

I look back at him and pick up the glass. I hold it out to him and he takes it slowly, staring at me softly. He's the ideal man for me and I hope that I can make this time together last longer.

"Thank you, Mari," he tells me and I smile softly. I love it when we're together like this. I feel so cozy in his place so far.

"No problem, Aruto." I love him, so I enjoy doing things for him. "I want to make you happy."

I want him to become the happiest version of himself he can be when he's with me. I want to see him smile brightly for me and to always be a warm cloud I can wrap myself in. He shouldn't be have to be upset about anything. I'm going to do my best to keep him from ever being upset with me.

"Mari, can I ask you something?"

"Sure." I wonder what he wants to ask me right now.

"Do you hate your face right now?"

That is a difficult question for me to answer. I do hate that I have this face because Gai decided it, but there are good things that have happened because of this face. Aruto started to have feelings for me because of my face. He is into my personality, but it is the face that made him stare at me in the first place. He only looked my way because I stood out from the others.

"It is a complicated thing for me right now, Aruto. One moment I do hate my face and the other I don't. It is strange." I wanted Gai to hit my face so he couldn't feel so happy about what he has made. I wanted him to destroy it.

"I hate to imagine everything you've been through. You just wanted a good life and you couldn't get that."

"What matters is that I have a decent life to look forward to once I'm free from Gai's hold on me completely. Once we're divorced, I will be able to be happy and live my dream life I had before this all happened. Of course, I'll still assist you and Halo Horizons to the best of my abilities." My limited abilities. Not much I can do without transforming.

I look forward to a life where I don't have to look over my shoulder and worry about what will happen to me if I get caught. I want to live a life that is worth living. I deserve that. No one deserves to be treated like property.

"You're being awfully bright about the dark things that happened to you."

"I need to be bright so I don't drag you down in the darkness with me. Aruto, I don't need you worrying over my entire past when we can look forward to our future." As much as I want him to know everything about my past, it just isn't something he should constantly be focused on.