-Chapter 57

-Chapter 57: Shattered

Gai pulls out a chair for me and I down at it. I don't want to be here right now, but here I am. I have to be here for him as his 'moral support' because he's meeting with Aruto about what they will do about his T.O.B. on Hiden Intelligence. What does Gai have in store for them? We just had our wedding two days ago and had an amazingly good time at the reception. Of course, nothing happened at home.

"This is just a formal meeting between us in a neutral place, Mari."

I look back at his face, my stomach doing a flip. "Right," I mutter out. Sure, whatever. I doubt this is neutral ground.

I feel like throwing up. I was out of the loop for a bit, so I'm catching up as quickly as I can. One moment Hiden Intelligence isn't close to being in Gai's hands and the next it is. How could Abyss standby and listen to all of this?

"You can sit whenever you want to, Mari. I had them put your chair next to mine," Gai tells me.

I nod my head and sit down, allowing him to push him in my seat. How am I going to help Aruto in this situation? He just had to watch me get married to this man even though I clearly didn't want to.

"You dressed nicely today, Mari." Gai sits beside me and I turn my head, looking at him. "It matches well with my style." His sleek fashion sense has to be matched when we're in public. I don't need the media to think I'm trying to sabotage him.

"You didn't tell me all about the ZAIA Spec," I say, changing the subject. I want to know about his knockoff Google glasses. "What are they like?" I am quite curious about his product and how it can compete in the market with Hiden's HumaGears.

"The ZAIA Spec are designed to make humans think as quickly as a HumaGear can. It is more reliable than a HUMAGear since they're not easy to hack into. They have a next-generation interface, which increases the thought process of a human to the speed of an A.I., Mari. It makes their minds run at one thousand percent." Seems like it could get hacked to me. But I'll go with it.

"I see." I don't want to put on his devil glasses anytime soon. "How lovely." I look down, staring at my hands on my beige dress. Why can't I just disappear or something right now? I don't want to be here.

"It seems like you're upset with me about something. Did I do something wrong?" Gai asks me, not sounding too worried. He's trying to seem worried, but I can tell that he isn't.

I shake my head. "No," I answer. "Everything is completely fine with me and you did nothing wrong."

I'm not happy with this takeover of Aruto's company. Who told him that he could go and do this? I certainly didn't tell him that it was a good idea. Sure, I agreed to marry him, but that didn't include anything about this. I don't want to be stuck in this position any longer, but I can't undo it or else I head to jail. Jail isn't where I want to be.

"What can I get you both?"

I look up at the server and force a smile onto my face. I can't be seen pouting when I'm out with Gai. It'll look wrong. I need to pretend to be his happy little wife and make everyone think that everything is perfectly fine.

"Just get us three cups of tea. You can even bring a pot of it out if you want to," Gai tells her and the server nods her head. "I would get coffee, but none of us are in need of the energy right now."

"I'll be back with it." She looks at me and smiles, looking fake. She is probably jealous that I married such a man. She wouldn't be if she knew what it was like.

She turns and walks off, leaving me with Gai again. Aruto should be joining us at any moment. It'll be nice to have him at our side so I don't have to be alone.