-Chapter 91

-Chapter 91: I'll Play Right Along

"What has changed you into being Gai's loyal wife?"

I look at Yua as I hold up my coffee to my lips. What has changed me? Well, a lot of things has changed me recently.

Gai has made it clear that he would ruin my life if his image is tarnished by any of my mistakes and I know that it is wrong to do so. So, I have to play along with our marriage. It is fake anyways. It isn't like he married me for any reason that matters. He just wants to use me and I want to use him. I want to use him until I can get free.

"You two don't get along. It makes no sense to go on a honeymoon trip and then come back all happy like you two have never fought before in your lives."

"Because I'm seeing things the right way now. He has done what he could for me because he understands me."

I place the scissors down and tip over the package of herbal grossness into the sink. I'll do this everyday until none of them are left. If I keep doing that, I won't have to worry about it. I'm not taking a chance that this gets me pregnant. I don't want his child and refuse to let him have the chance to have one with me.

"We're happy together now." Not.

I can't just tell her what he told me. It wouldn't make sense to her because it probably isn't the entire truth. He's holding back on something in my opinion, which makes me curious about what the real reason for marrying me is. 

"You weren't thinking anything nice about him before. Did the bedroom change your mind? I have heard that good sex can make people change their view on things." 

Does she really think I'm that weak? Sex isn't enough to convince me to stay in a crappy marriage. Sure, it's completely nice sex, but sex isn't all there is to a marriage or relationship. If Gai would have been honest with me from the start, I would have turned him down.

"The sex isn't bad at all and he is good at what he does, but that didn't change my mind. What changed my mind was thinking over things and understanding it from his view. Sure, he did unforgivable things to me, but I have to move on from it and evolve." And backstab him. 

I take a sip of my coffee and swallow it, staring her in the eyes as she looks away from me. She seems disappointed. She has worked so hard to keep me from being with him any longer and now I have made that work useless. I'm sure she knows he threatened me, but does she know what it was that he did to do so?

"I find it odd that you're willing to stand down now. First you want a HumaGear that is rogue and the next you're wanting Aruto Hiden. Now you're saying that you've changed your mind entirely and that you want President Amatsu, right?"

I shake my head and sigh a bit. "No, that isn't what I'm trying to say. I didn't change my mind on my feelings for Aruto and Horobi, but my feelings for Gai. I don't hate him as much as before." I still dislike him heavily though. He shouldn't have screwed around with me and I have so many reasons in the world to feel hateful towards him, but I need to let it go so I don't get on his level.

Being able to talk to Gai about a few new topics that I didn't have knowledge on before has opened my eyes a bit to how he is. He doesn't usually break laws it seems. I think he only breaks laws when it comes to protecting his precious image. He can't have that ruined.  

"He's only violated certain laws with you. He made your marriage license go through a faster process with his influence," Yua states. "You don't understand what he can do if he can do that, Mari. You're in danger by being with him." I know that he's a dangerous man and that is why I have to stay with him for now.