-Chapter 113

-Chapter 113: Seeing You is Suffocating

"You look beautiful in your dress, Mari," Gai says, giving me a compliment as I sit down beside him. "I guess you did not see the result earlier of the vote, correct?"

I look down at my plate that he has already prepared for me and swallow. I think I know where this is going and I don't want to hear it. He has done enough to me so far and I don't want to know what happened.

"The competition concluded and the result ended up being in my favor. Three to two," Gai states and I turn my head a bit as my heart sinks. "I can finally give the order to dispose of HumaGears. Of course, I'll spare the ones I need for my wife's sake."

I close my eyes and dig my nails into my legs, causing a bit of pain. I just need to bite my tongue. He can have his way for now and then I'll be free. It is only a bit longer and then I can be free.

"Please, sir, I'm begging you to not destroy them. They have souls!" Aruto exclaims and I open my eyes, turning my head towards him as Izu stands at his side.

"Tools do not have the ability to possess a soul. Of course, Kairi is different it seems," Gai responds. "I have learned that she has data of her look alike, Kiyoko."

Aruto gets off his chair and goes to the ground. I stand up, knocking my cup over off the table and causing it to shatter. He's going to beg for HumaGears to be saved? Gai won't listen. He'll never listen.

"Mari, are you alright?" Gai asks me. "You must have gotten scared from him suddenly falling onto the ground to grovel. I know how it makes you feel to have someone suddenly fall to the ground and make a noise." I'm just going to ignore that.

"Please don't destroy them! I'm begging you!" Aruto...

"You no longer get to have a say in the matter," Gai responds, being cold. I turn to him and stare at him as he puts his hands together.

"There has to be a way to co-exist," Aruto tells him and I close my eyes. No, Gai won't ever see it that way. He'll only let Kairi and his precious Abyss exist.

"For some reason you don't seem to understand it still," Gai says and I open my eyes as he reaches over and grabs his ZAIA Specs. He puts them on, looking intelligent and a bit more handsome than he normally does. I prefer this look on him despite him looking absolutely disgusting to me. "Go on, destroy the HumaGear."

My eyes go over to Izu and I shake my head. "No, please!"

"Mari, if I wanted your opinion on my business decisions, I would ask for them. Did I even ask you to speak?" Gai asks me and I look back at him. No, he didn't ask me to. "Sit and wait for the glass to be picked up off the ground."

My eyes return to Aruto as he gets in front of Izu. I know that Isamu is here. I don't know what Gai has over Naki, but he has something over her or them. I honestly don't know how to refer to Naki now.

"Ugh..." I look over as Isamu drops to the ground, blocking off his weapon. He is trying to avoid hurting Izu.

"Isamu!" I turn to head over to him and I feel someone grab my arm roughly. My eyes go down to my lower part of my upper arm and I stare at Gai's hand on it.

"What do you not understand? You're here to look pretty, not help anyone out." Gai...

"Do it!" Yua orders. "You can't disobey the President."

"Is that what you really want, Yaiba?" Isamu asks her, still struggling with himself. "Do you want to be a tool for a corporation? Just look at how he treats his own wife."

"My wife is none of your concern," Gai snaps, sounding pissed off. "I treat my wife with respect."

"I'm no tool," Yua responds and I look at her as she looks unsure of herself. I think she's afraid of Gai. "I said I am doing this because I want to." She puts a belt on and shoves a key into it. I forget that name of it.