-Chapter 54

-Chapter 54: Coma

"Mari!"

I look over as Aruto and the others come to a stop, ending their running. They came for me so quickly. How did they know I was even gone? How did they even find me here? I couldn't have told them my location since I just woke up not too long ago.

I look over to the right of Aruto as a woman stares at me, her face the same as mine. Who in the world is she? Why does she have the same face as me? Do I have the fact of that girl?

"I see that you have awakened, Abyss," Allen spits out and I look at him.

Abyss? That's Abyss? In a dress that is super pretty? Did she steal something from my closet? I swear, she better not be stealing all my precious clothes from me.

So, Abyss has a physical form? But why is it my form? Is she some stand in for me or something when it comes to being a Kamen Rider? I have some many questions that probably won't get answered anytime soon.

"Let her go!" Aruto shouts. "Abyss told us where she hid Mari at and that you got her. Apparently, Mari is wearing a tracker." Tracker? Abyss hacked into what Horobi gave me in order to find me?

"So, you're on their side now, huh? You're just like her aren't you? Always going behind my back and turning on me. You weren't even supposed to take on a form yet. You were going to get that once we got enough data!" Allen shouts, holding me closer to the edge of the bridge and against the rail.

"The programming I was given decided that it was time to take on a form. Since Mari is the Kamen Rider for Halo Horizons, I took on her form as a way to blend in. I lack the typical HumaGear modules due to you buying a black market HumaGear off the black market and having them remove it," Abyss states. "That is why I appear this way and how I was able to get away with moving around." So, she's me in appearance only?

"You're nothing more than a doll just like her." Allen looks at me. "I didn't even tell you take on her appearance."

"I am sorry that it displeases you, but it isn't my problem. Mari is my problem," Abyss responds.

I shake my head, glaring. "You know I am my own person, right? Who told you that you could just take over my life and drain it from me? You're the one who let her go and you should have just stopped there!"

I should have shouted this all at him ages ago. The moment I remembered who I was...yes, that is when I should have shouted all of this. I didn't need Horobi to fight my battle for me, I could have done it myself.

"You should have just kept your mouth shut."

"Hey, watch what you're saying, buddy! I will take you in on violations of the AI laws right now along with anything else you may have done to her," Isamu shouts and I look over as he points a gun towards Allen.

"I would normally stop him in a situation similar to this, but he's right. You have violated laws," Yua says, looking cold. "Let us take Mari and we'll take you in gently. No force."

Allen laughs. "Take me in? No, you're not going to be able to do that. You won't."

"Are you going to off yourself then and take me down to hell with you? Is that what you're wanting to do?" I ask, raising my voice. "You know that I've lost a lot, right? Do you think you can take much else from me?"

I lost Horobi and I was mad at Isamu at first, but I got over it. My unexplained coma gave me enough time to think. It was like my mind wanted me to figure things out and trapped me inside my own mind. And while I was doing that, Abyss was living it up as me for whatever reason.