-Chapter 51

-Chapter 51: Abyss

"You're here."

"I am." I nod. "I came because you requested that I come. What do you need to me to do, Gai?"

I stare at the man I am married to and take in his appearance. He looks sleek as usual and he is wearing his favorite kind of outfit, which is a turtle neck and jacket that are similar in color. I wonder if he has considered trying to switch up his style to something darker to fit his personality. Of course, it would remain sleek.

"I will tell you in a moment. I want to give you praise to keep you encouraged." 

"Encouraged? I do not need encouragement." I do not believe I do. Everything has been settled as it should be.

Horobi and Jin aren't an issue anymore due to Isamu and Aruto, so I don't need to worry about them anymore. There are no longer my concern and will not be a concern going forward. It is best to move forward and handle what needs to be handled. There is no time to dwell on the little things in this world.

"You did well," he tells me, giving me his words of encouragement. 

I did what was needed of me during it. My mission is now completed and I can focus on the future. It is important to plan ahead and get ready to deal with anything that might happen now. If someone ends up in our way, we need to be able to deal with them.

"I am glad that I did well." I smile. "Your praise will keep me going." It is best to let him believe that his praising of me will benefit me in the long run.

"Your hair is different now. Did you change it to celebrate the win against MetsubouJinrai?" Gai asks, looking me in the eyes. I am surprised that he noticed because it seems like most guys are clueless when it comes to a woman changing her look.

My hair has blue, red, and purple highlights in it. It looks great when styled in certain ways. I think it is the best choice in hairstyle for myself. I looks great with my body and face. I am a beautiful and very tough woman now.

"I did it for myself, Gai." I bow my head a little, keeping my eyes on him. "I do not know what I will do now that I do not need to really do much. I figured that changing my hair would be a start to embrace our new world we're in." 

"You will keep on being a Kamen Rider until we are sure that all threats are gone. You do not wish to put people in danger, right? I have a feeling that things aren't quite done yet, Mari." He smiles. "How about we go home and celebrate together?"

He wants to go home and do something together now? Just right after taking out the two HumaGears we needed to take out? No, it isn't the time to go home. I need to be able to keep my eyes on things and monitor each and every single situation.

"Actually, I do not wish to go home with you at this time. It appears to me that I am not in the state to have a child. Once the threats are eliminated, I will be willing to have a child with you, Gai."

It isn't the moment to have a child. If there is still danger out there, it is best to keep it from getting worse. Just because MetsubouJinrai appears to be defeated, it doesn't mean that other enemies do not pose a threat to us.

"I guess I can understand that. Well, if there is nothing left to do, you can go and hang out with Aruto and friends." He grins. "I do not wish to hold you back, wife."

"I do not wish to hold you back either, honey." It isn't my job to hold him back, but to support him when he needs to me. "I will be back later in order to rest."

"I understand."

Perhaps Izu will be working now and Aruto up to something exciting.

~.~