-Chapter 22

**Trigger warning: Contains mentions of violence again the main character by her partner and features the injuries of the situation she was in. If you cannot handle it, please skip this chapter or read a different story. Thank you**

-Chapter 22: Let Me Cry

I stumble into the dark room, my body wanting to give out. It is pretty much crying for me to stop moving right now, but I literally can't yet. I'm not done yet. I need to get all the way in here and settled in. I should be focused on how I managed to get myself here without collapsing in the first place.

Horobi turns in his chair as my legs give out, sending me to the floor. My knees hit the cool ground as he stands up quickly, moving towards me. I look up, staring up at his face through wet strands of hair. It started raining the moment I came here and I don't know why, but it was perfect timing. 

"Mari?" He gets steps towards me, clothes moving around him. "What happened to you?" This is the most concern I've seen him have for me. Is it because I'm growing on him or because I'm a tool for him to use? 

I shake my head as he stops in front of me. "Don't." I can't tell him about what happened.

He kneels down a bit and places his hands on my shoulders, pulling me up. He looks me over, probably trying to find visible injuries. He's not. I covered everything up. He's not going to find anything.

"I don't see any blood on your clothes. It is all underneath your clothes." How did he manage to figure that out just by looking me over?

"Horobi..." I can't let him see my injuries. It'll make him think I'm weaker than the others and he'll toss me aside like I'm trash.

He puts his hands on my jacket and pulls it down, revealing my long sleeve shirt. I had to put it on. I had to cover myself all the way up so I don't have to see it all for a bit.

"Remove it. Now." He looks me in the eyes. He tosses the jacket down, leaving it on the floor.

I shake my head. "Don't make me..." I swallow hard, shaking. I don't want him to see what Allen has done to me because I'm the one who caused it.

"Take it off before I do it myself," he orders, voice cold. Would he really strip me by force in order to see what I'm hiding?

"Please..." I can't remove it or else he'll see everything Allen has done to me. What if Jin walks in and sees it all? What will happen if they both see this?

He grabs my hands and holds them up, making raise my arms up. He grabs the bottom of my shirt and pulls it up, forcing it off. He tosses it to the side and looks me over, his eyes scanning all the damaged skin.

He has left me pretty much uncovered. I'm wearing a bra and my bottoms. That's it. He left only those things one along with my socks and shoes.

"What happened to you?" he asks, his face emotionless. Does he not care or is that how he just normally looks at things when crap like this happens? 

I swallow hard, forcing tears back. "Please..." 

I can't tell him what happened between me and Allen tonight. I don't want to start crying again. I cried on the way here as I forced myself to move my own heavy body. Everything hurts. Every part of me pretty much hurts. 

"Tell me." He's not giving me a choice but to answer him. I have to answer him. 

"It is my fault, Horobi. I made him get mad at me again," I state, finally answering him. I can't just not give him a reply. If I don't answer, he might kill me because he doesn't want to wait.

He brings a hand up to my body, touching my colorful collarbones with his finger tips. "What is the meaning of all of this?"

I close my eyes tightly. "If I didn't make him so mad by leaving him years ago, I wouldn't be in this mess right now. I didn't need to change everything and upset him. I...I did this to myself." Don't cry, Mari. Everything will be alright.