-Chapter 166

-Chapter 166: You Built it Up

I stare at Raiden as he sits down on the table in front of us. He just introduced himself and sat down. He is really trying to prove that he isn't controlled by the Ark right now, but we're extremely doubtful about it.

"It is impossible that he escaped from the Ark," Jin states and I look over at him. He's not wrong about that. Something is fishy with Raiden's arrival here. "The Ark had him restored to his factory settings."

I am not trying to about that he could get away from the Ark somehow, but I just to believe the Ark would let him come here without a reason to. There is a reason the Ark allowed him to come all the way here. What the reason is doesn't matter to me right now. What matters is convincing Aruto to not trust this man.

"You mean it wiped out his original singularity, right?" I ask. I have to know for sure if he did get wiped like Horobi and the others.

"Yes, that is what happened."

I knew it! Why did the Ark do that and undo my progress with Horobi? Now it is like how it was before we made that progress. Horobi tolerated me and was nice to me, but it wasn't because he really wanted to.

"The thing about that is that I got my memories back about my brother, Subaru," Raiden tells us and I look back at him as he puts a hand up to his head and moves it weirdly. "I couldn't just stand around after remembering all of that. I got here as fast as I could."

"So, you reached singularity?" Izu asks, taking notice of how he is right now. That would explain him getting his memories back, but that could have been the Ark giving it back to him somehow.

"There is no way you escaped the Ark. Impossible." Jin is the real MVP here. "How did you even get away from the Ark?"

"Quickly, bro!" Raiden exclaims, giving a thumbs up.

"Huh?" Same, Jin, same. This is the second time we've had the same exact reaction to something, but mine is still internal.

Raiden clicks his tongue and nods his head. Yeah, not trusting him at all right now. Seriously, something is up with this sudden of appearance of his. Perhaps the Ark had him come here without him knowing he's doing it for the Ark.

"I am not buying the entire thing of him happening to come here after that. Aruto, do not trust him," I state. I do not buy it.

"Well, I guess you're not wanting to hear about the new plan the Ark has."

I look away, scoffing. "What new plan?"

"The Ark is looking for a way to take over Zea. I came here to give the Prez a head's up in order for him to make the first move. We do not want to give the Ark the first move when we can be on the offensive to deal with it." He expects me to buy this?

I look back at Raiden. "Seriously, you think we should buy that? The Ark is definitely playing us right now. Aruto, disregard him."

"Mari, you're being too harsh on him due to your past differences." Aruto puts his hand on my back and pats it. "Just relax and hear him out. He might be telling the truth to us right now." Yeah, sure Raiden is.

"Whatever." I don't buy it.

"Prez, you need to do what he doesn't expect you to do is all. If you make the first move, the Ark won't be able to figure out what to do about it. You will defeat his expectations," Raiden tells Aruto, trying to convince him to make the first move. "I took care of that satellite with Subaru while navigating the cosmic ocean. Our job is to keep her safe."

"This is him for sure."

"Come on, Aruto," Jin says, sounding unsure.

"I'm glad you're alright. Jin, please trust me on this."

Senseless Abyss (Zero-One Fanfic)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें