-Chapter 191

-Chapter 191: Lullaby

Elise touches the box gently with her fingers, smiling happily at it. "It's perfect."

I finally sat down with her after Gai dismissed himself to take a personal call. After he took it, he talked for a bit to the person on the other end and decided to head into work immediately. I don't know what is going on there, but it doesn't have to do with me. If it did, I would be with him right now handling whatever situation they're in now. He also doesn't want me to hear what it is because he took it in another room. 

"It is so pretty isn't it?" She removes the lid from the box and reaches inside, taking out the object in it. "This gun is all yours."

"Uh-huh." How did she manage to convince me to do this? How did she convince me to get my hands on something I shouldn't even have right now. 

I wince as ringing fills my ears and my heart starts hurting. 

"Are you doing alright, Mari?" Elise asks me, getting closer to me as my eyes dart over to her. "Did something wake you up from your power nap?"

"My head..." It hurts so bad and my ears are ringing so loudly.

"How about we go and talk about something? You know, to distract you. You need to hear me out some more." Her eyes light up as her lips curve upwards into a soft, warm red smile. When did she change her lipstick? 

"I want to sleep...ah!" I close my as my head's pain increases and the ringing gets louder. 

"You don't have time to waste. You need a distraction. Sleep won't make you better, Mari. Only my words will make you better." 

She puts it down. "We're doing what is best for the world. You know that we are don't you?" 

"I know."

"If you kill Aruto, it'll be a win-win for everyone. You know that don't you? Horobi will stop wanting revenge and life will be perfect for you two," Elise says, running a finger on the gun with a seductive look on her face. She's trying to drag me down with her and I might fall for it. "Azu will leave you alone and then this world won't fall into her evil little hands. She wants this world to be filled with malice from Horobi's death. A war will happen if Horobi dies." 

"Kill Aruto?" I don't want to hurt Aruto unless I have to. I want to keep him from harming Horobi. "She'll stop?"

"You want to stop him don't you? Then kill him. He may not be the Ark mentally, but he's nearly there. He has decided that you're nothing more than some booty call. You're worth more than a booty call," she tells me and I look up at her face as she smiles, looking sinister. "Right. She'll stop if you do as I tell you." 

"You're not here." She's dead. She's very dead. "You are not real."

"That's what you think." She removes her finger from the gun and gets closer to me, getting in my face. "You're afraid of me aren't you? I'm the person who has haunted you the most in your lifetime. You became an afraid little girl because of what I did. You took my leftovers and lived the life you shouldn't have had." 

I shake my head. "No, I didn't take them. You had them to begin with and that never ended after you left." 

"Oh?" She turns away from me. "Mari, child, you need to learn how to take control over your own life completely. Killing Aruto will do that and everyone will thank you for putting an end to the fighting. Horobi won't do anything more as long as you're around. Horobi loves you more than anything in the world." 

"Why do you want me to hurt him? What did Aruto do to you?" Did he do something to tick her off or did I do something to tick her off when it comes to Aruto? "What has happened to make you want him to get out of the picture?"