-Chapter 67

-Chapter 67: Shine for Me

"How did it go the other day?" Isamu asks me as he leads me to Aruto's office. "I know he knows you saw him. You don't have to keep that information from me. Did Yua tell him about it?"

I don't know how he can figure out something like that. Then again, he knows how my husband is. No one likes how he is, but they have to deal with it. The guy can get out of trouble easily for whatever reason and no one dares to speak against him. It must be his immense wealth and stupid smirk that keeps them from doing so.

"I don't think she's into telling him about what I do in my free time. He did give me permission to spy on Aruto, which I'm not going to actually do," I answer, sighing a bit as we step up the steps. I'm not going to hide what I'm told to do by Gai.

I asked Isamu to guide me over to Aruto's office since I trust him to keep an eye out for my surroundings. If I'm getting spied on, his trained eye will notice what I don't notice. I can tell when I'm getting spied on, but I am not trained like he is. I only know from experience what I should look for.

"I wonder how he knows what you're up to then. Do you think Abyss might be telling him what you're up to?" He thinks that Abyss would do that to me? 

I shake my head as we reach the top of the steps. "No, I don't think that is what is going on, Isamu. Anyways, thank you for bringing me here." I turn to him and he turns to me, staring me in the eyes. "How is she doing by the way? I think about her a lot."

"Kairi or whatever her name is at this moment is doing fine."

"She's fine with going by Kairi. I will see her soon hopefully, but it may take time. Gai isn't keen on HumaGears, so I'm in a difficult spot," I respond. "I wish I could take her in though. I miss her."

He nods. "I am aware of how he is. I bet he is jealous of him." Him means Horobi. I do assume that he's jealous of him in some sort of way. "How one can be jealous of a HumaGear amazes me. He's Human and the HumaGear is not. Besides, HumaGears can't marry Humans."

"Right." I know they can't since they don't have the same rights as Humans do.

"Aruto, you have two visitors," Izu states and I look over at her. "What is it? Did I get something wrong?"

I nod my head. "Isamu will be leaving us all alone. He wanted to walk me over here to discuss something with me." We're trying to figure out what in the world is going on right now, but it is difficult to do so. I wonder if Horobi has been helpful to him.

She smiles softly. "Understood. Aruto, please greet your visitors."

Aruto looks up from his computer and his eyes go straight to me. "Oh, hey!" He grins. "What brings you over here?"

"I'll be leaving now. President of Hiden, it is nice seeing you," Isamu says, being absolutely professional with Aruto, and I look at him as he turns to go down the stairs. He's an interesting guy.

I look back at Aruto. "Is it possible to have some alone time with you to chat about something personal? It isn't anything too major, but it is something I want to talk to you about, Aruto."

He is wearing his typical uniform to work, which is his suit with his red sweatshirt underneath his suit top. His hair is light brown as it normally looks and some of his hair is brushed to the side, but isn't slicked back or anything. It has a fluffy kind of look to it in my opinion. He isn't stylish, but he does dress comfortable enough for himself to be happy. I think what matters is that he is wearing what he likes. 

Aruto turns his head and stares at Izu. "Um...can you leave us for a bit, Izu? You can come back in about thirty minutes, alright? You can wait in the lab if you want."