-Chapter 52

-Chapter 52: We All Lie

I hold up the Abyss Key, staring at the Magias before us. I had no intentions of fighting alongside A.I.M.S. and Aruto Hiden before this, but things do change. I cannot allow the lives of the people here to be lost. If lives are lost, my job is not being done properly. 

I just got here after visiting the patient and getting all the information I need. Now that they are stable, I do not need to see them as much. It hasn't been long since they've been out, but for some reason they are unable to do anything. I guess the damage to their body was too much after that attack on MetsubouJinrai.

"Mari, you can't use Abyss!" Aruto exclaims, blocking an attack. "Every single time that you have tried it knocked you out."

"Sometimes, Aruto, you just need to change your view of things in order to be able to finish something," I reply, scanning the key and putting into my driver. I activate it and transform.

"Mari!" Isamu shouts. "You're being reckless! Stop being so foolish and don't get into battle using that key!" He is one to talk. He challenged Horobi without needing to challenge Horobi, which nearly got him killed. 

"Aren't you being reckless by using that key that MetsubouJinrai made?" I counter, rushing towards the Magia that neither one of them can handle at this time. It was a two against three before, but now I am balancing the scale.

The Magia lifts up their arm, trying to block my attack, and I stop. I pull out a gun and fire, shooting their feet and making them jump. I toss the gun to the side and bring my arm forward, punching it in the abdomen. Now it will fall back and I will keep pursuing it.

"Wow...she cracked that Magia," Aruto comments. "Abyss...that key is really strong it seems."

The Magia stumbles back and I move forward, jumping up in the air. I kick it, hitting it down, and I turn. Aruto is about to get attacked in a few moments.

"Aruto, turn around and block the attack now," I order and he turns, using his weapon to block his opponent's attack.

"How did you know?" Aruto asks, sounding curious. 

"I guessed." I turn back to my Magia opponent and move forward. "It is time to eliminate you before you become a bigger, much more annoying threat to the people in this area."

I press on my key in my driver and activate my finisher. I hold up my fist as it glows bright red and look over at the Magia. I will be able to head home after this and then do what I need to.

I step forward and punch the Magia down into the ground, cracking the ground around it. I turn away, straightening out my position, and move towards where my gun is. I am now done with fighting that Magia.

"It was like it's a piece of cake for her!" Aruto exclaims as he hits his opponent with his finisher.

I pull out my key, ending my transformation. I bend over and pick up the gun, looking it over. It seems like it is fine. It doesn't have to be with the suit at all in order for me to use it.

"You...you used it?" Aruto stops at my side. "You really did, huh?"

"It was a piece of cake." I turn to him. "You defeated your opponent just now, correct? Congratulations, Aruto." It is a huge win for us to beat them. "It appears that MetsubouJinrai is still active and able to turn HumaGears into Magias."

"I don't think that is possible, Mari. There were no others members," Isamu says. "You know, the ones we knew about were the only ones?"

"Just because you do not see something doesn't mean it does not exist, Isamu. Just because we do not see their others members, doesn't mean that they don't exist. I will head out now and meet up with my lover." I turn away, showing them my back. I do not need to waste time on them now when I have many other important things to do here.