-Chapter 43

-Chapter 43: Spotlight

Gai places his lips against my cheek gently, giving me a sweet kiss. He's only doing this because I'm recovering from getting scar tissue removed. I have the hormones in my purse and they're ready to go. I'm just not allowed to get any action for a bit, which I am thankful for. The last thing I want is to be with Gai like that ever again. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't amazing.

"How are you feeling right now, dear?" Gai asks me, voice soft as usual. One would not suspect him of being shady by the sound of his voice, but his face makes him look shady.

"I am doing alright so far and you?" I could be doodling right now in my sketchbook, but I feel like I would just draw Gai getting hit by a meteor during a meteor shower. Immature? Kind of.

"What are you playing?" he asks me, sounding not so curious about it. He is just trying to get to know what I like to do since he's stuck living with me.

"Food fantasy," I answer. "It is a game where you collect food souls. They represent different types of food out there." I can't really explain the game that well, but I love. I have my 2D drawing husband, Pretzel, in it.

"You play interesting apps," Gai comments. "Continue on then, Mari."

I turn my head a bit and look at him, smiling. "I will keep on playing the game. Right now it is doing an arena battle for me. I don't have to tap the screen or anything to have it get done. So, what are you up to?" It is nice to have to not tap the screen non-stop. If it was a different battle thing in the game, like a mission, then I would have to.

He smiles, looking as happy as a rich guy can. "I am just here to see how you're doing. You're almost done recovering from surgery, right?"

"Keeping track?"

"I figured you would want me to so you can get what you want out of our arrangement? Unless, you don't want that at all."

"No, I do."

"Do you have any plans for today? If you don't, can you go and check out Hiden Intelligence for me? I am sure they're getting ready to make big moves," Gai asks me. So, this is what he wants from me?

I nod my head. "I can do that for you. I'll report back to you later."

I will edit out some details and give them to him. I am not going to spy completely on Aruto for him. He has Yua for that.

"Thanks, honey," he tells me, kissing my forehead gently. "I will see you later then, right?"

I nod my head and force a wider smile onto my face. "Yes, you will."

I really want to know what his Thouser project is.

~.~

I step into Aruto's office, wearing a tight silver dress that shows a bit of the girls off. It isn't much, just some cleavage. It has a slit on the side of it, which shows off a bit of my legs. I wore a black long coat on the way here, which I found in my closet. I'm also in silver high heels despite needing to take it easy. I will recover just fine.

Aruto looks up, eyes going wide. "Mari?" He stands, looking surprised.

"Is something wrong?" I ask.

I don't think I did too much makeup. I did thick eyeliner and a smoky eye look. I hope I did it properly. Or is it my lips being too red? Is this all too bold to wear in front of him?

"N-no, nothing is wrong!" Aruto looks over at Izu. "Can you get us something to drink? I am a bit thirsty right now because my throat is going dry."