-Chapter 74

-Chapter 74: It's All Your Fault

**Warning: Reading this chapter will make you want to force push someone off a cliff. Don't believe me, then read on. You have been warned**

Yua and the others are gone now that Gai had them clear out. He doesn't want anyone out here for what he has to say, which tells me he is going to mean business. But what kind of business does he want to handle right now and out here?

"What do you want to talk about with us?" Aruto asks, sounding curious and a bit confused about what Gai wants. I don't blame him, I want to know what is going on right now. What does he want from us? 

"I believe it is time to talk to you two about what I am aware of between you two. I bet you two thought you could get away with it. Am I correct about that, Mari?" Gai looks at me, eyes cold and dark as a smile sits on his face. It is a small smile, but it is a smile. 

"What do you mean?" I know what he means, but I have to hear it from his mouth. 

"What are you getting at? Nothing is going on between me and Mari," Aruto states, denying our involvement with each other. He's going out of his way to protect me right now and it is so sweet that he is. I wish I could reward him right now, but I can't. 

Gai's eyes stay on me, burning a hole into my soul. "If you do not want to answer me, Mari, then I will say what you've been up to."

"What?" I don't know what he wants me to say right now. Why would I confirm that I'm having an affair with Aruto? That's wrong. 

"You do know that she met up with Horobi in secrecy, right? She has known that he was alive for a long time now," Gai asks, eyes going straight to Aruto. 

How can he go and bring this up like that? Why is he bringing this up to Aruto right now? This shouldn't be out in the open like this right now. 

"She knew he was alive?" Aruto seems surprised. I wish I could have told him this sooner, but I didn't want to ruin our happiness. 

I did go and meet Horobi, but it wasn't like I was all alone doing so. I had someone watching me at all times. I didn't ever go and see him all alone. Not once and not ever. I'm not going to break any laws when with Horobi ever again.

I turn to Aruto and he turns his head, looking at me with sad eyes. I couldn't tell him. He wouldn't understand me needing to be there for Horobi as moral support. It isn't like I'm hooking up with him and trying to free him. This is why I kept it to myself. It puts me in a bad light and I don't want to be seen in a bad light.

I need to be honest with him right now. "Aruto, it isn't what he's implying that it is. I didn't do anything with him romantically. Sure, Horobi kissed me, but it was just to piss Isamu off. I swear, it wasn't anything romantic." 

I can't believe that Gai is doing this to punish me. Actually, I can believe that he is doing this to me right now. He wants me to suffer for going out with Aruto behind his back and having a good time without him. 

"Oh, is that what your excuse is for having another man place his lips upon yours? He's not even human." Gai sounds so happy right now for doing this. He really enjoys doing this doesn't he? "I bet it excited your heart to finally have that man place his lips on yours. I bet it made you long for his touch and for his freedom."

"Mari..." Aruto looks away, looking really troubled. He doesn't know what to do right now, right?

"Aruto...I...I..." I don't know if I should talk about what that kiss meant or not. It seriously wasn't anything serious for me and Horobi.

I do want Horobi to be happy and be able to live a normal life, but he has to pay the price for his crimes. He did terrible things and he does need to pay. Of course, it wasn't all terrible. He did keep me safe whether the Ark controlled that or not. I owe him for always being so good to me and keeping me safe from Allen.