Part 8

In half an hour, Arnav has seen all the 8-10 ppts‟, and looked up closing the laptop, while the other both are in shock to see him complete  all the presentations.
Arnav just stared at them for some moments and trying to read them, where Khushi's mind is like a open book to him. He could read what is in her mind and understanding them he only blurted his famous dialogue. "What the!" though not out loud.
Khushi was thinking is he human or a robot. It's almost 8-10 projects ppt and he read in half an hour. Is he mad or kept his mind somewhere and just time passed making them sit in his cabin from the past half an hour and didn't say anything.
Arnav thought how dare she think that I'm wasting time making them sit in front of him, is he mad, to make them sit like that?
Aman cleared his throat to get his attention.
Aman: Sir, is all okay?
Arnav: of course, everything is fine. In fact, I need to discuss something regarding these projects more, individually.
Aman: sure sir, will arrange the meetings accordingly.
Arnav: and what about my assistant?
Aman: Just waiting for your orders, any requirements you need for that post?
Arnav: okay. Well, dad had recommended you both for the help or anything and since I'm new here I'll need someone all the time with me and you both won't be available all the time so, I will interview every person personally and check the suitable person as I don't want to start with a newbie in the start itself.
Aman: sure sir. I'll do that.
Khushi was just sitting silently, hearing them speaking and did nothing else.
Arnav: Aman, does AR appoints the person who doesn't speak?
Aman: sorry sir, I didn't get you. But by looking at the direction Arnav seeing, which is at Khushi, he understood.
Aman: Oh! Sometimes its better that people don't talk because in actual when they open their mouth to speak there will be no end to their talks.
His comment made one smile and the other angry and glaring at Aman for making fun of her but seeing the smile on Arnav's face after he made his entry in the office, both smiled but Khushi didn't forget what Aman said and thinking how to take revenge.
Arnav: you can think of revenge later but first I need some clarifications from you regarding the upcoming fashion show. You were well at the presentation but I didn't see what you are actually assigned for. So can we have a little discussion on that? He asked making her nervous.
Nervous! Yes, Nervous! That's the word. From the start she was feeling different the way he was looking at her or staring at her. No one ever did that to her. And her eyes went wide hearing him about revenging from Aman. How did he know? Does he know reading minds?
In all this while she didn't get to know when Aman left the cabin leaving them alone.
"If you are done thinking about me then shall we start?" She heard him saying that and turned to her side to check Aman but he isn't there.
Arnav's full concentration was on her when she is busy in thinking what he is? He is enjoying her every expression, it displayed confusion, fear, frown, pout not to mention, he felt to kiss her there itself but composing himself and cursing for even thinking that way about a girl, he heard his inner voice saying boys do think about girls, but will be committed to one in life, his heart countered. He unknowingly smiled at his thought and came to reality that he has long way to go for all that and right now, they have to do some business talk, which they are actually there for in the cabin. To bring her back he said what just came from his heart.
Arnav: Well, let's start with your introduction first.
Khushi breathed in and out then started with her introduction, once she completed, she felt nervous seeing the expression on his face. He is looking at her straight without breaking his eye contact with hers.
He recalled what Aman said about her and indeed he was/is right, she talks a lot... though he asked her introduction... he expected a short reply but she spoke for the whole 5minutes, nonstop...
Arnav is kind of a person who counts numbers when he has nothing to do in particular but staring at something/someone to relax himself. He did the same even here. He was amazed hearing herself from her. He definitely fell for her, and no doubt in that, knowing that designing is her passion and studying management is for her father's business to handle, but due to lack of knowledge in this field called love/attraction, he decided to maintain at least 2 arms distance else he don't know what he will be doing with her and how will be her reactions. So, to be on safe side he concluded to be at 2 arms distance from her. In all this he didn't even acknowledged that she was waiting for him to say/comment something. She didn't reveal her father's name but still gave a intro of her family too but by hiding names.
Khushi was just waiting for him to say something to her or ask her regarding some or the other thing. Even Khushi lacks in the knowledge of love/attraction, she never felt anything for anyone in her life up till now apart from her family and friends. She waited for him to utter something which he failed to do so. She was getting nervous seeing his continuous gaze on her but not uttering anything, she never felt this kind of feeling with anyone. She finally encouraged herself and voiced out to get this attention.
Khushi: Sir? And this definitely did bring him back out of his thoughts and responded which made her think why did she even disturb him?
Arnav: huh, kitna bolti ho tum!!
Khushi's jaw dropped and cursed her for behaving normally with him as she behaves with the others in the office, knowing how annoying it gets when someone goes out of place and talks.
Arnav: stop cursing yourself much and I hope you don't give me that chance to do in future.
Khushi closed her mouth and decided to self talk later when he is at least 10 miles away from her.
Arnav: coming to the work again, as I said earlier that I need a person to assist me here who has every detail within and makes my work easier...
Khushi nodded.
Arnav: I hope you don't have a problem in assisting me further.
Khushi: Of course not sir.
Note: He didn't realize what he asked for when he uttered those words, and he just asked someone instead of ordering, neither, she realized when she accepted his offer.
Arnav thought What the hell did I just ask her? When I decided to stay away from her then? Now her assisting me is like, "being together‟. Now another realization crossed his mind, from when did he start self talking???
On the other hand, Khushi thought why did I agree to his offer? Just his stare making me nervous, don't know what happens while working with him.
She got up to leave not before seeking his permission; he had no reason to not let her go.
The day passed and came to the end of office hours, Aman and Khushi had to report Arnav before leaving as Ashish is not in the office. Khushi called Ashish as he asked her to call him for some work. HE said he is in a meeting will discuss tomorrow in the office. She then left to Arnav's cabin.