Part 81

Khushi finished her work in AR quickly and asked Aman to attend the meetings on her behalf and let her know the details later and she will inform others about these changes. She's waiting for the lift to come up so that she can rush back to her company, she had a meeting to attend and that will be the last meeting of a project then she will be free for a week, to complete the dresses, she is designing for the wedding. She is calculating all these and didn't notice that the lift came up and opened, and the person who came out of it, seeing her in deep thoughts, he reached her till inches gap and stood. She is still in her thoughts and this is making him curious to know what is going on in her mind. Arnav looked around to see if anyone is near them, to his luck, no one is around, thanks to the office hours. He pecked her lips, which made her instantly to come out of her thoughts and pushed him, then realized it as Arnav and relaxed.

Khushi: what was that?

Arnav: what were you doing, standing here and thinking so deeply?

Khushi: waiting for the lift.

Arnav turned back and showed her that the lift is waiting for her to get in now.

Khushi: I know, going. Bye... she said while hugging and left.

Arnav thought, did she forgot what happened earlier or did she forgive me? He left to his cabin.

In the lift, Khushi realized that she should be angry with him then how can she behave as nothing happened.

Khushi: Laad governor kahika... huh... can't even stay angry for long... how will you make the things work out if you be so easy on him... forget it... you can't even be angry on yourself, then forget about others. Idiot!

After that self speech she got in her car and left from there. She reached her office and directly went to her cabin then to the conference room, all were waiting for her to give the presentation. She apologized and then started the meeting; it went for around couple of hours and that called the end of her work. The rest of the work will be done by her team.

Khushi: Thank you gentlemen, for your support and patience. I hope you like our collaboration and continue with the team work. Thanks to my team for putting up with me and pulling yourselves. Thanks for your cooperation guys.

All dispersed, she is packing her laptop and the files in the bag.

Shashi: you are going somewhere?

Khushi: I'm going out, will be back in the night, don't wait for me for the dinner.

Shashi: where?

Khushi: apartment.

Shashi: oh, to complete the designs?

Khushi shocked: how do you know?

Shashi: last week, I had a meeting nearby, so went there to freshen up, seeing the mess you created there, I cleaned it, and then saw your work.

Khushi smiled and hugged him: that supposed to be a surprise.

Shashi: hmm, but Khushi... she looked up at him.

Shashi: why don't you continue your career in designing, if you want I can open a boutique for you, your work is amazing and you are best in that.

Khushi: am I not doing well here?

Shashi: it's not that, beta, the talent you have it just amazing, you can still help me with my work whenever needed. I'm not saying that you are not your best here; you give your 100% in whatever you do. Arnav is there to help me, and you too, just think about it. You will get your own recognition; you are so passionate about it. I want you to achieve everything you can in Fashion designing.

Khushi: okay, I'll think about it. I'll get going.

Shashi: have your lunch and go.

Khushi thought for a while and nodded.

They went to his cabin and ate their lunch, later she left to her apartment.

Later that day, Khushi just locked the door of her flat and started heading down, when she got out of the lift saw Arnav coming towards the lift, talking on call.

Arnav: Aman, just send me the details in the morning; I have no interest in studying the details now.

Aman: as you say, good night.

Arnav: good night. He stopped in front of the lift, and looked up to press the button but saw Khushi instead.

Arnav: Hi!

Khushi: get out!

Arnav: that was not a greeting, I suppose.

Khushi: what are you doing here?

Arnav: uncle said you are here, so came over.

Khushi: now I'm leaving, you too go back. Good night. She started leaving.

Arnav: what the!! Khushi, stop!

Khushi is looking for the driver, but couldn't find him.

Arnav: I have sent him back; even he has a family to spend time with.

Khushi: okay. She took out her mobile and doing something.

Arnav: okay? What do you mean by, okay?

Khushi: I have booked a cab. You can go now.

Arnav took her mobile and cancelled the ride, she dragged her to his car and once he too joined her, he started it and left for a ride... he decided, till she talk normally with him, he is not going to take her home. Till she stops doing act of being angry, he is not going to leave her.

It''s been more than an hour since they are driving; she gave up and started talking to him. He stopped at a restaurant to have dinner, Khushi shared what her father said to her earlier that day and even Arnav agreed to her father's advice. He knows how good she is at designing.

Arnav: I'm there for him whenever he needed me, just a call away. I'm not forcing you, but just think about it. The passion you have for FD is something you can never have for any other work. That I can guarantee you!

Khushi got more confused, on what to decide now. She sighed and decided to go with the flow.