Part 72

The engagement date is been fixed after 2 weeks, and to elders satisfaction, horoscopes too matched well, marriage date will be fixed after the engagement.

Khushi joined her father's company and assists the manager, Shashi been to abroad so wherever needed the signatures of the him, Khushi would be signing them, he already made the documents ready on her name with the approval of all the board members though that was not needed but he is a man of discipline, so followed all the rules and got all the agreements needed to give the rights to Khushi on his behalf.

Khushi: Ram uncle, it's a punishment to sign 300 documents,

Ram: these are including the documents of taking over the right you are given, Sir have asked me to take your signs and fax him. I know, it's still your initial days but one or the other day you will be our next boss, so, you better brace yourself.

Khushi: was that a threat or comforting...

Arnav: never expect any kind of comforting in business, all you think it as a challenge to complete your tasks. He said as soon as he entered her cabin.

Khushi: did I ask you anything? And where are the manners of yours gone? Can't you knock and come in? She spoke rudely but Arnav and just smirked at her. Ram is kind of in a shock as this is the first time he witnessed, someone talking rudely to Arnav, and that too Khushi being that one, he felt concerned for her and thought of controlling her but he is highly surprised seeing Arnav smiling and smirking at her.

Arnav: Aap jayiye, we will sort it.

Khushi: nahi, it's you whom came in when I'm discussing with him, so it has to be you who should leave.

Ram: it's lunch time, Khushi, we will continue after lunch. I'll leave them here.

Khushi: uncle... un... she gritted her teeth and stood up to hit him with the paper weight which was on the table.

Arnav stopped her from hitting him and hugged her tight though she is trying hard to push him, but she is nothing in front of him when it comes to strength.

Arnav: Shh... relax, I'm sorry. She stopped struggling but didn't hug him back, she felt so bad when he declined her when she asked him to join her in shopping the rings not only that, he asked her not to involve him in any of the shopping. And that was the last time they spoke, after that when he tried to call her to tried to meet her she avoided him, it's been two days since they saw each other, and spoke to each other. His Love gurus, Aman and Shyam advised him not to be the way he used be as his life is going to change, hence he should also have to accept the change and have to follow them simultaneously. It's their marriage and every one would be having hopes from the groom to actively participate in everything equally but here he declined in the start itself.

Finally, Khushi calmed down, and hugged him back, relaxed for some time and break the hug; he tried to kiss her but pushed him back and took him to the cafeteria and sat on her table, which is beside the window corner table.

Khushi: not only AR's food is good, here too, it's awesome...

Arnav: it's the same management Khushi.

Khushi smiled at him and ordered for them.

Arnav: what's up?

Khushi: have to select my dress and the rings, else, everything is set.

Arnav: okay, let me know when you are done here, will go for shopping.

Khushi choked the food which she just put in her mouth hearing him.

Arnav: easy, relax... he patted her back and continued till she felt good.

Khushi: you? Will come to shopping with me?

Arnav: no, I wanna take you for shopping.

Khushi: whatever, why? Don't you have work?

Arnav: I have postponed them.

Khushi smiled: thank you! But its okay, I'll do with Di, if not, will select from the new collection of AR. Nothing to worry!

Arnav: I have postponed them already. 

Khushi: then take rest, you have been working a lot recently... you should look good on that day and please try some smiles on your face... don't you dare put that poker face and roam around that day! I'm warning you now itself...

Arnav: who does the practice of smiling?

Khushi: you! She said instantly and continued eating.

Arnav kept sulking and she didn't care much about that, though that was fake expression and she knew him enough if not everything about him.

After lunch Arnav started giving her the details of dos and don'ts, but first asked her to sign all the required documents, before signing, she read each and every page.

By the time she lifted her head up to look at the watch, it showed 7:20, and then she looked at Arnav who is checking his mails in her laptop and replying them, this is one thing she hates, he logs in to every site and doesn't log out, she has to log out his account and login with hers.

Khushi: log out and give me back my laptop.

Arnav: what are you there for? You are working under me so it's your responsibility to log out them.

Khushi: no, I will forward them or else put them in the social networking sites and display them. That would be great... right?

Arnav lifted his head up and looked at her, pulled her cheek and hit her forehead: so cute!

Anjali came in, 

Anjali: what's going on?

Khushi: Di! Let's go.

Arnav: where? 

Khushi: shopping.

Arnav: I said I'll take you, then?

Khushi: it's okay, you do your work, and I'll do mine... have a good time... bye!!

Arnav: what the!! Khushi, Di, hey... but they are gone... he logged out and closed the lid of laptop and started going but stopped to attend a call which lasted for 20min. on the way he called Priya and got to know the whereabouts of them and started his car. By the time he reached there, he saw them coming out of the lift with a person carrying their shopping bags...

Arnav: what the!! You are done?

Khushi: ha... 

Anjali: good that you came, take mamma and Aunty to Shantivan, Dadi called them for dinner... Me and Khushi will come after some time...

Garima and Aisha saw him and surprised: what are you doing here?

Arnav: nothing came to pick you up, get in.

Khushi smiled at him and waved her hand, when he left, Anjali burst out laughing remembering his expressions.

Khushi: not fair, Di...

Anjali: not fair ki bachhi... let's go... lets have ice cream then go...

Khushi: okay!