Part 10

Next day,
Khushi felt too lazy to wake up but had to go office and do the work and thinking of office she thought of Arnav and unknown feeling took place in her heart, the mere thought of his brought nervousness in her and now she had to work as his assistant till he gets familiar with the things here. She got up and sat on the bed removing his thoughts for some time to get ready, she stretched her arms and looked at her wall clock which displayed 7 am. Then she reached out for her mobile and started checking the messages and then suddenly realization took place, the wall clock which she saw a while back has stopped working from last couple of weeks and now the time is 8:30 am and her reporting time is 9:30. It takes half an hour or 45min from her apartment to reach AR but today she got up 1.5 hour late and instead of getting up and ready, she is calculating the time she wasted and now wasting time in thinking how she will reach the office sitting on her bed and biting nails. She felt her mobile vibration which displayed her mother's number, she calls her every morning to check if she had her breakfast but today she had to lie... which she is really not good at. She didn't answer the call but plugged-in the charger to get her mobile charge and left to get ready... she had to skip her breakfast.
The time was 8:30am when she woke and her reporting time is at 9:30am. As she wakes up at 7 in the morning and do the regular things on time, she never had difficulty in sparing the time for daily routine but today is just not her day, she knows this... because, if she gets late waking up or wakes up with a tension then her days goes bad... she had this belief though she is not much into superstitions but this one thing, she believes for all the life... now her tension is how will her day go??? Big question of the day...
She usually starts to her office at 8:15, to reach there at 9 or 9:15. She can't really trust the traffic of the city much and that too at the peaks of the day... mornings and late evenings not mean to roam on roads with a vehicle.
Today she started to office at 8:45 and just kept one thing in mind; to reach office before her new boss "Arnav Singh Raizada" steps in... she called her mother while in the lift and ended the call reaching the parking lot.
She forgot that she left the car in the office and was about to call someone, before that, watchman of her apartment, came to her and passed her the keys...
Watchman: Khushi beta, last night your driver came and gave these keys.
Khushi: Thank you Rishi kaka... she said gratefully... for a second she thought that her day Ruined not finding the car but then like a God, Rishi Kaka came and passed her the car keys.
Rishi kaka smiled at her and left greeting her to have a good day... and she wish it to be true and her belief go wrong... she mentally prayed.
She zoomed out from the apartment and halted at the 1st traffic signal, she crosses 4 traffic signals daily to reach office but today it seems like hell as she is running out of time... she never gone late to reach office in fact, she has been the first to reach the office most of the times. Today she had one more thing in the mind that is, not to get slow down  at any of the traffic signal, if she crosses any of the signals then it saves her from reaching the office late... luckily she didn't get to stop after the 1st signal for the next 2, now the 4th signal is a big one as that's the center. She looked at the time and, it displayed 9:20 and she is much relieved as it just takes 5 min to reach her office from there. She hoped that she shouldn't be stopping at the last signal else she would be late... in thinking this she didn't notice that the red signal already flashed and the vehicle before her just stopped. And imagine the next scene and whose car it is?
She hit the car before her and it was so sudden for her to press the brake. She jerked forward from her seat and then sat back and looked around and then forward to bash the person who stopped the car so sudden. She got down and saw that the head light of her car the back light of the front car broke down.
She knocked on the glass door furiously and asked the person inside to come out,
Khushi: what the hell do you thing before driving, huh? People like you shouldn't be provided the driving license... come out...
When the person came out she was looking at the broken light and continued cursing him... but the time she saw the person's face she got a 1K volts of shock... the person before standing her, the "Arnav Singh Raizada"
Arnav started his day well unlike Khushi, as he is very particular about timings, he have a mission in his hand as he started to office, that is, to avoid Khushi and just be at safe distance and not to involve much. The biggest blunder he ever did in his life was about to utter Khushi in calling his Di for a juice at the breakfast table. He was saved at the peak time as others were not concentrating much on him.
He is the boss and can be late to reach office but he is neither lazy nor irresponsible nor disrespects the time. So he is also in a hurry to reach office on time but he is relaxed and not in a hurry at all... he saw the signal turned to red just as he was about to cross the road, though it was sudden but he applied the brakes and stopped, and then attended the call he was getting, he was speaking for a few moments and suddenly he felt jerked up and from the front mirror he saw that one car got hit his car. He was ended the call saying will call later, when he turned to his right, he saw that a girl knocking the car window of his side to come out, he was not sure if it was Khushi as her hair was open and covering her face because of the nature. He finally got out looking what the damage she had done to his car.
His eyes got widen when he was his car's back signal light was broken, his car, which is just a week old. His father gifted this car for bagging the deal which he was working from the time he was out from Business-School from UK. He loves whatever things his family gifts him and also keeps them safely. But here, it's not even been a 1 week and the car's back signal light broken.
He looked at the girl, who was busy in checking the damage done... then his  look went to the damage happened to her car too.
Khushi: What the hell do you think of your... her voice gone seeing her new boss in front of her who was looking at her and the 2 cars and folded his hands as for asking us.
Khushi frowned at him not knowing what he was standing for and he got her that she didn't get what she was asking for...
Arnav: license hai?
Khushi nodded her head and went to her car and got the license to show him and he took it.
Arnav: good. You won't get this till you get my car repaired...
Khushi was shocked and then realized that he just asked if she has license and she like an idiotic and dump, gave him the license.
Khushi: why will I get the repairs done? She asked innocently.
Arnav: who got this done?
Khushi: it's you who stopped the car and I didn‟t expect.
Arnav signaled her to see the signal and when she did, she was just numb...
Khushi looked down and thought of going back and sit in the car.
Arnav: where do you think you are going?
Khushi: back to my car. She said looking down.
Arnav was about to tell something but couldn't as the signal changed and the people who are behind them started buzzing their horns to start their cars.
He giving her last look started his car left and Khushi too left starting her car.
They both entered the AR premises one after the other.
He parked the car and came out waiting for her to come out too but she was taking her own time just to test his patient, he waited and waited but couldn't wait more as he has meeting in next 15min. he came to her car, and she was about to come out after completing her prayer to god as she missed doing it in before coming out of her home and also not to face him. When she opened her eyes, saw he is not there, where he was standing earlier, thinking him to  left she stepped out but to her bad luck he is just right in front of her, he gave her the rarest smile to her and took the keys from her and left in.
Khushi couldn't do anything... but cursing her day's fate she also left in.
There he was standing before the lift and he is looking very angry, he hates to wait and she made him to do what he hates from the time they met today.
Khushi thought not to mess with him more and turned to take the stairs but to her dismay, Ashish crossed her and took her to the lift which just opened and Arnav entered in, Khushi tried to say no but couldn't do so.
She respects this person a lot but this very same person's son, she hates...
Arnav took the laptop from his father hand and smiled at him and then saw Khushi entering in, he was like „what the...?‟ she supposed to be the officers lift and then thought yea, she is the Sr. Designer here.
Ashish was discussing with Khushi but she was looking at him as if, she gets a chance then kicks him to the death. He gave her the look "don‟t you dare think so", she replied with the look "try me", the war between them going on silently without any disturbance but Ashish's voice got them back.
Ashish: Khushi, we need to go to the Nainital for the meeting and be back by the night. Is that fine with you?
Khushi: But sir, meeting was supposed to be in the city?
Ashish: yeah, but Mr. Mehra's grandson has returned today and he planned something so, he couldn't deny, out of respect, I had to agree. You know how humble he is.
Khushi smiled and said she has no problem to accompany him.
Khushi thought "wow! Now I can be happy... I don't care if anything happens but seeing this Lord Arnav Singh Raizada."
Khushi: Have a good day sir! Saying she left the lift for the preparation of the meeting, she had no much work to do today.