Part 57

Khushi is enjoying her post exams time before the results. As it's the weekends, she is going to have a match the next day, but she is going to miss her parents, who are leaving Australia that night, and now she is packing their clothes and the medicines needed with the prescriptions.

Khushi: I'm done with the packing; also I have kept the medicines with the prescriptions just in case at the airport check. Anything else you need to get packed?

Garima: ha! 

Khushi: what? She asked looking around the stuff in the room to see what is left to be packed.

Garima: you! 

Khushi stopped looking around and smiled at her mother, she came to her, and sitting beside on the bed.

Khushi: I don't think I'll be needed there. Your husband will be with you after work... so just have some alone time, and I won't be there to disturb you people's privacy. So have fun... and just come back with lots of memories... okay?

Garima kissed her forehead and Khushi lay on her lap. She started caressing her head and setting her hair behind the ear.

Khushi: mamma? Can I ask you something?

Garima: hmm. 

Khushi facing her mother but still in her lap: how did you know that papa is the one for you?

Garima smiled at her: I didn't know but my parents got me married to him, they believed in him and I believed in them. As you know, that earlier in our marriage days, we couldn't make up with each other, but his parents been supportive to me. Instead of your father, I have fell in love with his parents, they were just like my parents and this irritated your father and the distance between us grew more... though we were not able to stand each other, we were together mostly. Later, I went to my parents home to attend one of my cousin's wedding, throughout that wedding I was just remembering your father, I didn't know the reason but I was missing him... and the same scene was with him, even he was missing me... later when I returned back, the air was changed, everything seemed different about him, same goes to him. We started talking to each other than teasing or taunting. Later on, as if a magic happened, we were talking like everlasting friends, we crossed our differences, priorities, thinking, and ego, everything that could harm our relationship. Love came in our slowly but it is still with us, leading the life peacefully.

Khushi looked at her with her full concentration.

Garima continued: If you ask me how love happens, then no one can say that. It just a moment of your life to fall in love, you liking someone is different but actually loving someone is different. You get to meet people every day, mostly you make friends in the instance, and you can like someone in that instance and in the same instance you can fall in love. You can see a person and feel like having friendship with him/her, looking at a person, you start liking him/her, looking at someone you start loving him/her and looking at someone you want to marriage that person. If that person is lucky enough then, 2 persons can meet as friends, then like each other then fall in love and then married.

Khushi: so you can't say how love happens.

Garima: no, it differs from person to person.

Khushi: hmm... 

Garima: now you tell me... how you fall for Arnav? You used to get irritated even with his name.

Khushi: I still get irritated with his name, that's why I call him as Laad gorvernor. Always ordering others!

Garima: but he doesn't order you?

Khushi became silent, because that's true, he never ordered her to do thing in personal, in office they are professionals so have to behave as one.