Bird Box Part 4 (Avengers)

Finally I'm updating, I feel like a sloth .-.)
______________________________________________

24 Hours into the River, Stephen still remembers that memory. He got tired and stopped rowing.

"You stopped rowing.." Girl said.
"Yeah..I know..I'm just taking a break.." Stephen panted.
"How much longer?" Girl asked.
"Just a few hours." Stephen answered. Until they bumped into something and boy fell off the boat. "Ah!" He screamed. Stephen quickly got in the water and tried to reach for his hand.

"Stephen!" Boy yelled.
"Stephen! Stephen! Stephen help!" Boy cried out. Stephen grabbed his hand quickly and pulled him on the boat. "Are you okay? Are you okay?" Stephen questioned frantic.
"Yeah..I'm cold.." Boy shivered.
"I know your cold, hang on.." Stephen said and tried to reach for the blanket which wasn't there.. "No, no, no, no, no. All the food and blanket GODDAMN IT!" He screamed and panted.
"I'm sorry.." Boy said softly, feeling ashamed.
"No, no, it's..hold on.." Stephen said and took his cloak off of him and wraps it around boy.

"I'm so cold.." Boy whimpered.
"Put this around you, keep your blindfolds on. Sit tight. Lay down on the bottom of the boat. Lay down, really flat. I need you to be quiet. I'm gonna leave the birds with you. I'm gonna cover you up, but do not make a sound and do not leave this boat. Understand? Do not leave this boat!" Stephen shouted and grabbed a fishing net to guide where he came from. He went to some sort of cabin to look for supplies. He tied the fishing net around a bed hook and check to see if the windows are covered. He took his blindfold off and sighed in relief and grabbed some supplies and a blanket.

At the boat, the birds were chirping. Girl got up while boy stayed flat on the boat.
"Something is wrong with Stephen." She whispered and got out of the boat to look for Stephen.

Stephen grabbed some more supplies when he saw the fishnet moving the bed. He got his gun out. "Shit." He could hear the rustles outside. He puts his blindfold on and quickly walked out with the supplies.

Girl was Putting her hand out. The leaves were rustling.
"Stephen?" She questioned until she felt being tugged. Stephen picked her up quickly and groaned angrily.
"I told you to stay on the boat. You don't think. You do exactly what I say or you die do you understand me? If something happens to me, do not try and help me. Forget about me and try to save yourself. Do you understand?
Say it! If something happens to me, what do you do? You save yourself. Say it!" Stephen shouted at her.

"I save myself.." She responded.
"You save yourself..I can't trust you.." he said and they got on the boat and kept rowing.

"The end of the world makes us do things." Tony said. Stephen looked at him. "It's not the end of the world." He said. Tony gave him a 'Seriously' look.
"It sure feels like it, At the end of my deployment in Iraq, we were stationed at this village... ordered to patrol the streets, make sure everybody was safe. One morning, we saw... this father walking with his four kids. So I pulled over to make sure everything was okay and to make sure he got wherever he was going safely. Come to find out, he was walking his kids to school. In the middle of all that shit, all that chaos, he was walking his kids to school. So... So we just followed him. Day after day. We escorted him. That just became our routine, That just became our routine. And then, at the end of our time, he gave me this when it was time to come back home." Tony said and showed him a necklace.
"Mm.." Stephen mumbled.
"I like to think he's still walking his kids to school." Tony said.

Stephen gently grabbed Tony's hand and placed it on his own stomach and smiled softly. Tony smiled at him.

Suddenly, both of them heard voices.