Safety

Notes:

Hey Descendants,

Happy Valentine's Day! And happy Update Day! I know Twisted and I always look forward to the latter. It means we get to hear from you lovely readers.

Back to the story though...

I know it was painful to see Uma get so close to T, find his room and everything, only to walk away with nothing. Don't worry, we'll check in on that Kraken rage later. For now, we're gonna see what Deez is doing with Maleficent's goblins searching for her.

Enjoy

-Dark-

(See the end of the chapter for Questions.)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Deez leans forward from her hiding place to check Yensid's front door again. She couldn't afford to miss him.

Nothing. She lets her head hit the wall behind her as one hand grips the shell under the thick fabric of her hoodie. She holds her other thumb to her lips and absently chews her nail.

She knew she wasn't going to have a huge window to catch his attention without drawing other unwanted attention. Who knew if someone was still watching him?

She wasn't even sure she knew what she was doing anymore. Every time she'd tried to make a run for the edge of town she'd run into groups of goblins. And she had no way to tell who they liked more, and no shiny, pretty anything to attempt to bribe them.

She only knew she didn't want to drag anyone else into this mess with Maleficent. She'd considered going to her father, but she was worried he'd drag her back to Maleficent. She still wasn't sure what to think of his caring parent moment, or his promise to work with her instead of against her. But she'd rather not put that to the test right now.

She'd rather not test anything right now. She's never felt more unprepared.

So here she was, in a tiny side street staking out Yensid's house.

Irk said move during the day. Well, during the day Yensid taught at the school. She couldn't go back and risk running into anyone there though.

As far as she could tell, the whole isle believed she was in Auradon. And for now that was for the best, at least as far as she could see. Later she'd find a way to get a message to her family. A safe way. Hopefully she'd be able to explain this well enough to keep them out of it. But she somehow doubted it.

So for now, they had to be in the dark. Her hand tightens around the shell. She was going to regret this decision later. She couldn't keep up this pace forever. There was a heaviness, a weakness starting to settle on her. It wasn't something she was familiar with, but she knew weakness would get her caught.

She needed a safe place to crash, and fucking sea gods she just wanted to scrub herself clean.

Her stomach growls, adding itself to her list of current problems. She wasn't as skilled as Jay, Mal, Harry or T when it came to stealing, hence she usually played the decoy for them. Getting caught stealing right now would only turn the goblin hunt into a full manhunt. And those never ended well for the person being hunted. She shivers. She'd only seen it happen a few times, but that was more than enough.

She frowns as she knocks her head against the stone wall behind her again, dropping her freshly bleeding thumb to her side before she slams her fists into the wall. She grimaces as she chips the cement, the sound reverberating through the alley.