Priorities

Notes:

Hey Descendants Fam!

Time to answer the question... What happened to the ship?

I've got one of you eeking at me ;) so I won't take too long.

Thank you for all the comments, and to everyone who helped us get through our five chapter slump, a very, very- from the bottom of our hearts thank you. That was so frustrating for us, but we got through it and are looking forward to kicking it in the ass as we move through the rest of the plot.

We hope you enjoy Priorities, and please leave us a shout out at the end.

Thanks everyone!

Lots of Love,

-Dark-

Earlier that day...

Uma looks from Yensid's passive face to James's barely contained excitement.

Her first upper crew meeting and they were all practically begging to set sail the moment Yensid mentioned it as a way to contain the situation T was in on the Isle.

Harry and Gil were just as excited as James to pull away from the docks and see what their lady could do.

Deez didn't seem to want to admit it, but she could see the apprehension in the set of her jaw and the way she held Gil's hand.

But Deez was, she hides her smile, also already attached to Gil by a rope around her waist.

Her Sweet Boy wasn't taking any chances with their Baby Girl's fear.

She turns to the sky, watching as the gray clouds looming above them swirl with gusts of wind.

The Sea Gods were definitely on their side today.

She felt guilty T wasn't going to be able to see this after all the work he and James had put into the ship, wouldn't be able to experience it the way the rest of her family was, but it was for the best.

T couldn't know, and Faustina couldn't be on deck with this many of her adult crew running about. It stung, but not enough to quell her excitement.

Faustina would understand, and T?

She sighs. T would forgive her, eventually.

At least once he got over her stepping in and taking over his retribution project.

"Please Uma, be ah lookin' at that fine wind just ah beggin' us ta be lettin' loose the sails."

"And the current is mighty fine for leavin' dock," James adds with a small smile, "I've been chartin' the currents with the instrument Yensid gave me. All we be needin' now is to set the sails and weigh the anchor."

"Aye." She responds shaking the thoughts from her head, unable to contain her own excitement as she lovingly caresses the helm. "I'm excited to see what this baby can finally do."

"That be ah yes?" Harry leans in closer as he drums his hands excitedly against Gil's back.

She tilts her head as if in thought, biting her lip before she drops her hands to her sides, "Aye, it be ah damn yes." She grins at the group before she sighs, "Like I could say anything other than yes to these guppy eyes."

Gil bounces on his feet as he presses Deez's back to his chest. "Best week ever." He says with a rumbling laugh.

She chuckles as her stomach flutters. "Aye, that it be." Her eyes drop to a tense Deez, "You ready for this Baby Girl?" She asks.