Stolen Treasure

Notes:

Hey Descendants!

We're back with another update!

So many of our readers across the sites we post on were so happy with Gil's thought process in the last chapter, so thankfully we get to see the fruit of his labor.

You ready?

Lots of Love!

-Dark-

(See the end of the chapter for Questions and Silly Shenanigans.)

Gil pats his leg rhythmically as he sits on the strange doorstep. He had to trust that the imps brought him to the right place. He hadn't even considered that she might go to her favorite teacher's house. So as much as it killed him to wait, he wasn't leaving until the man opened the door and he was able to ask if Deez was here.

He just had to keep moving to stay warm.

"We are unsure why the old wizard is not answering young sir." Pain paces the street in front of the stoop.

"Yes yes, young sir. Please do not be angry with us." Panic inches closer to Gil with his tail held in his hands, twisting it nervously.

"What?" Gil looks up in confusion, "No. I'm not angry with you guys... I'm just worried about Deez. You're sure she didn't get taken, right?" He asks looking at the two imps hopefully.

"We felt her energy only a little while ago." Panic assures him with a small pat to his shin.

"And you said her gang was taken to Auradon days ago." Pain reminds him.

"The master was also very upset when he thought she'd been taken." Panic soothes.

"But he came back to the temple looking very relieved after talking to Maleficent."

"He uh-" Panic swallows, "He thought something was going to be fun to watch."

Gil scratches the back of his head as he tries to figure out what he should be more upset about. The fact Deez was still with them? Or the fact that she hadn't achieved her dream of going to Auradon.

It was conflicting.

"Thank you, guys." He smiles at the two of them. He wasn't sure why he didn't think of going to the catacombs sooner, but he was glad he did. They never would have thought about looking for Yensid- Let alone know where to find him. Unless they had been willing to risk going to the school to talk to him. Which, he would have.

What worried him though was the imps' reactions. He was grateful that they had found him so quickly. He hated going into her childhood home. It always felt so confining. Like he couldn't breathe. It had been clear Pain and Panic were also concerned about her and had happily brought him to the run-down house the old wizard called home.

He'd be lying if he said he wasn't feeling apprehensive about meeting the man for the first time by himself.

The way Deez, T, and Carlos had talked about him... It was overwhelming. He was glad the imps stuck around. It was weird that he felt small when he knew he'd gotten so strong over the last couple of months. But when it came to intelligence he knew was painfully inadequate, regardless of what his family and friends tried to tell him.

"I could try to knock again young sir, if it would please the friend of the Mistress." Panic offers as he scurries to the door before throwing his whole body against it.

"Yes young sir, we can knock again." Pain adds before he starts doing the same.

The two squeak and wail in pain as they continue to throw themselves against the door over and over again before he overcomes his shock and grabs them by their tails.