Bait

Notes:

Hey Descendants,

Sorry this is a little later than I've been aiming for, but hey, since you're reading this I obvi overcame my case of the shinys.

Anyway, we hope you enjoy the chapter. Don't forget to leave us a hey to let us know you were here. :)

Lots of Love,

-Dark-

(See the end of the chapter for questions.)

He frowns as he stares at the door to the Captain quarters.

Uma wasn't going to be thrilled by any stretch of the definition but...

He had shit he needed to do. And he wasn't as injured as Harry. He frowns, hands fisting in his pockets as pain shoots through him. Harry. The image of him lying motionless on the floor of that basement still made him nauseous. How the fuck hadn't he noticed his condition sooner? He could've gotten him killed. He hated this. Hated that feeling. Hated the responsibility that weighed on him.

So this time, he was going to try something different.

This time he was going to ask for Deez to come with him.

He knew Deez wanted to go out. Get some pictures, and stories to go with them. Knew that she wanted to go check in on Dizzy. Wanted to get off the ship. And as amusing as it was, she was a better pack mule than Gil- Who he still wanted to make sure got a hammer.

The trouble was just going to be getting the three to agree with it.

He takes a deep breath before he lets it out and slips into the room. He smirks as he makes it to a chair silently, and manages to perch on it without so much as one of the Sea Four looking up.

"Hey T," Deez calls out without looking up from her workbook.

"Oh come the fuck on!" He throws his hands out in exasperation. "How?"

"Dunno." Deez giggles as she looks up, "I just do."

"Hood." Uma hums, not looking up from the book she was looking through.

He glares at both of them before he huffs and drops his hood. "That's a bullshit answer and you know it." He grumbles petulantly.

"Yeah, I know." Deez frowns, closing her eyes before she hangs her head.

"Whatever..." T sighs.

"What's up with you T?" Gil asks as he looks up from whatever he was carving.

"Aye, it be ah bein' pretty early for ya ta be gracin' us with yer presence." Harry snorts, "Not that ya be ah hearin' me complainin'."

"But the 'tude makes sense." Uma smiles as she snorts.

"And here I thought I was being pleasant." He grins.

Uma eyes him before she shrugs, "I could see this being pleasant if ya just rolled out of the blankets."

He grins wider. He hadn't slept for jack shit last night. Every time he thought about closing his eyes all he could see was Harry sprawled out. Or the kids that were still getting hurt because some of the scum were still walking the streets. Or think about how the others had reacted when Harry originally brought him home. Or- He shakes his head. There had been a lot keeping him up.

"Yensid dropped off books for you and Faustina." Deez points out as she pushes herself off the floor, "I think he's excited to help her out with chemistry. He and Carlos loved all kinds of science."