Worthy

Notes:

Hey Descendants,

Are you excited for another week of updates? I know we are.

I'm just going to let you guys get straight into this chapter, we hope you enjoy Worthy.

And please don't forget to leave us a comment. We've got quarantine blues and would love to hear from you.

-Dark-

(See the end of the chapter for questions.)

Uma groans as she rolls over, cracking her eyes open before she sits up in a panic, "T?!"

"Sup?" He looks up from the hammock curiously. "You okay?"

"Fuck." Uma presses a hand to her chest. She takes a deep breath, "Yeah, sorry." She must have gotten used to always having T and Harry in the bed, or maybe she just wasn't used to waking up alone. "Forgot you were moved." She shakes her head as she slides to the edge of the bed, "How are you feeling?"

"Eh." He shrugs. "I've clearly felt worse."

Uma half-smiles as she rolls her eyes, "Well, yes, accurate." She snorts, "I got your IV back in this morning when Harry and I traded out." She frowns as she looks up at the half-empty bag, "I also put a shirt on you before I hooked it back up to the bag."

"I noticed," T's head falls back to the hammock, breaking his eye contact with her as he shifts his weight, "Thank you..."

"No problem." Uma shrugs before she stands up and stretches, "Do you remember Faustina figuring out she was on a bed?"

"Kinda figured it out waking up in a hammock..." He frowns, "But I remember a spike of fear for a brief second before it dropped, so I didn't, I don't know... Fight for... I don't know, being out I guess?" He pauses for a moment before he sighs and shrugs, "Or however it works..."

Uma frowns as she looks down at T, "I do want to try to understand with you, but you don't have to talk about it if you really don't want to. I can see it's confusing, and I know you hate when things don't make sense." She takes a deep breath as she rolls her bottom lip over her teeth, "But, I'm here if you want someone to talk to about it. Not sure how helpful I can be, but I'll try."

T's silent for a moment, "Thank you, for the offer..." He frowns as he glances her over, "But, I don't understand shit about what the fuck is going on with me, us, or whatever. It's fucking stupid. It was easier when I thought she was my fucking sister..."

"Well, she still is, isn't she?" Uma frowns, "Or at least she calls you her brother. It helps to know that you both don't seem to recall things that happen whenever you're not the one out."

T narrows his eyes for a moment, "I... I'm not too sure that's true though. I have distinct memories of us talking and..." He trails off. "I still think of her as my sister, I guess I should have said physically. Like separate..." He turns away from her, "Two bodies, or whatever..."

Uma furrows her brow as she sits back on the edge of the bed, "I know you're not happy that we know about Faustina, but I hope that you'll still want to stay with us. Be a part of our family."

T grimaces as he shifts in the hammock staring at a map with a frown and is silent for a minute.

"Please, T." Uma's voice cracks, "Please. These past weeks were nothing compared to not knowing where you were. To be afraid that we would never see you again. Never get to argue with you about the hold, or about Deez. The thought of you never sparring with us again or getting to see you get Harry in a headlock because he woke you up. Never get to see you support Gil's hobbies, or tease Deez." She draws in a quick gasp of air as she struggles not to cry, "I know you like your space and privacy, and I'll do everything I can to give that to you, but please, please don't leave us again." She digs her nails into her thighs as a tear breaks free and rolls down her cheek.