As it Stands

Gil frowns as his eyes sweep over the cove for what felt like the hundredth time. They'd checked the beach nearly every day since the Core Four, maybe five- His eyes soften sadly- possibly six had up and been taken to Auradon.

And every time he checked he hoped he'd find their little Treasure hiding here. And every time he was painfully disappointed.

T definitely would have shown up with news by now… Right? He knew T had been a little off lately, but in his heart he knew he could trust T. Could trust that T would always come back to them. Trust that T would never keep them in the dark on purpose. Off or not, that just wasn't the type of person T was.

Were they searching in vain for their Shadow? Maybe they were wrong about T being pissed about being sent to Auradon. T had always supported Deez's writing, for as long as he'd known him. Had even risked the Dragon's wrath when she'd stopped writing. There was a chance that T would've viewed it as an adventure. Or a challenge- But. He sighs. He knew T would be worried about fucking it up for the others. He wouldn't have wanted to be in the first group. He'd want to be in the last. After all, for as much as Deez was an advocate for everyone, T viewed himself as the isle's protector.

Or, he frowns, would T have wanted to go with the Rottens to make sure they'd be okay? The summons had been completely out of the blue. There was a chance it was a trap. Or at least T might have viewed it as a trap. And if he thought for a moment C or E were in danger, he'd do anything in his power to protect them. He knew that in his soul.

T'd always enjoyed being called a Ghost, but was that what they were searching for? A ghost of a shadow?

But Deez?

Deez would never willingly leave them. And according to T, wouldn't have been a part of the Rotten gang at that point anyway. T'd told them as much the night of the Howler.

He knew she'd want to get to them if she was still here. And she was still here. Of that, he had no doubt of. There wasn't a scorch mark to be seen. And not a single witness that mentioned her fire. No. They all just said the entire gang left in the long car.

But who the hell was in the gang when they'd left? He groans as he drags a hand down his face. What a mess.

He knew, just knew Deez would want to reach them. Desperately even. But she wouldn't be able to make it past the docks. His heart squeezes painfully. So where was she waiting? Because she had to be waiting for them. Nothing else made any kind of sense.

He sighs deeply. Her being here, waiting for him with her scared big blue eyes, was the only thing that made sense. His brow furrows. This was where she should be, where they always got to meet up. Always got to be together.

But she definitely wasn't here and hadn't been here yet. Was there a reason she wasn't able to get here? Could she not get here? And if that were the case, what was keeping her from getting here?

That didn't leave many places for her to hang out while she waited for them to come and find her.

She had to be so torn up by now. He knew how bad it had affected her not being able to see them, and if she had been torn from the Rottens he knew it was going to throw her world upside down. All over again.

He gulps. Could she have run back home despite everyone wanting her to stay away?

His resolve hardens.

He doubted Harry and Uma would mind him taking an extra hour or two to check out the catacombs, especially if it meant finding their Baby Girl.

His brow furrows. And maybe stop by Freddie's and Dizzy's on the way back. He knew both of their missing family members, and they were family members whether they owned it or not- Often sought out the two of them. Maybe one of them had seen them. Maybe they'd been going about this all wrong.