Unrest

Notes:

Hey Descendants!

We're back with another week of updates.

Are you ready to see how Gil and Deez deal with the hold? Find out more about the way T is dealing with his situation?

We hope so.

And we hope you enjoy the chapter.

Lots of love,

-Dark-

(See the end of the chapter for questions.)

"Gil, we've been down here a while." She rubs her hands over his back, "Why don't we go to the deck? Or the crow's nest? You said you'd show me the best way to climb to it."

The crow's nest sounded so fucking amazing right now. Gil squeezes her tightly, "We still haven't looked to see what's in the hold like Uma told us too..." He swallows as he pushes himself to his feet. "She's gonna be disappointed if I don't even step in there." He hesitantly puts her on her feet. "And I feel like I can breathe a little better now..." Besides, how crowded could the hold be? Last time he'd been down there it'd been pretty organized. Then again, he'd pretty much run in and out. He absolutely loved his Captain, loved Uma, but he hated it when she told him to come down here.

"I think Uma would understand," Deez points out, still clinging to him like a necklace.

"It's not like I haven't been in there before... Just not long enough to like, be okay with it."

Deez sighs but slowly releases her hold on him.

Gil swallows as he nods, taking her hand in his, squeezing it tightly, "Just tell me, please, am I gonna bump into things?"

"Yes." Deez immediately informs before she sighs and turns into him.

He groans, as his knuckles go white around Deez's hand. "Great." He frowns at how much he sounded like T.

Was this how T felt every time he said great like that?

"It's just, it's kind of a mess Gil. Boxes are open and some are knocked over-"

He sucks in a deep breath. "Lead the way..." She could do that while he mentally prepared himself for the ensuing torture. Dammit. Was this what he did to Deez every time he made her swim? Blood drains from his face at the thought. Was he torturing her?

"Aye aye-" Deez sighs before she gently taps his shoulder with a finger.

"Yeah?" He asks as he looks down, eyes narrowed as he tries to make out her expression in the dim lighting.

"You always kiss me before things get scarier, so I was-" She huffs, "You're too tall for me to just kiss though."

Gil's chuckle rumbles in his chest as he leans down and presses a light kiss to her lips, "Thank you." He whispers against them as he squeezes her hand.

This was one of the many reasons he trusted her. She was always so thoughtful when it came to making him feel better.

Deez nods gently, as if she was being careful to not break their contact. She smiles as he pulls back, "It always makes me feel better."

"Good, that makes me glad." Because he wasn't sure he could break the habit at this point. Thank you Harry.

"Does it help you?" Deez asks as she slowly guides him into the hold.

"A lot." He squeezes her hand again. "Thank you."

"I have a good teacher." She chuckles lightly before he feels her kick something in the darkness.