Interesting Conundrum

Notes:

Guys!

No one called me out for missing Monday's update. Guess I'm putting up two today.

For everyone's visual, I'm struggling to type this with a three week old in my arms. She's the snuggliest three-week old niece, and she kept her momma up all night.

Anyway, sorry for leaving you guys hanging on Monday. And Tuesday.

I'll make it up to you I swear.

Hopefully a Yensid POV chapter will help.

Lots of Love,

-Dark-

(See the end of the chapter for questions and Twisted's message.)

Yensid looks between the two girls curiously before he takes a seat. This was quite the serious topic. He'd no idea what T and Harry had been up to while on the isle. And to come to the conclusion T was the spider was concerning, although not surprising.

As for leaving Deez out of the loop, once again, he couldn't blame them for wanting to preserve what was left of their most innocent family member... But unlike the ugly topic of rape, he couldn't imagine the young girl didn't already know, at least, to an extent what the two were up to.

What an interesting conundrum.

He slides into a seat and steeples his fingers in front of him. "Captain, Faustina." He greets with a polite smile. "I usually would have prepared tea, but it seemed that this was a very pressing matter. So, how can I best offer my assistance?"

Uma bites her bottom lip, "Sorry I half pulled you out of your room."

"It is of no concern at all, I appreciate it in fact. It's why I took you up on the offer." He assures the stressed looking Captain.

"Well, I'm glad, 'cause honestly I need some advice right now." Uma sighs.

"And I'm happy to provide some." Yensid nods his head sagely, "Since this is quite the heavy matter, where would you like to begin?" he looks between the two girls.

"Well, the list T was given, it's all the OVs and OSKs that went to-" Uma's nails scratch against the table surface as her hands form into fists. "Went to the Pleasure Boys and Girls." She finishes before she pulls her hands into her lap.

If it weren't for years of practice he would have snarled at the name and the idea behind it.

Stromboli and the Coachman. He knew those two were going to be problems. He should have spoken more to Maleficent about it when he first noticed the way those two watched the children. He thought her original decree would have scared them off. He was feeling rather foolish for that assumption now.

"And. I get it. I do. The things they have done- the things they do-" She closes her eyes, "I agreed that we needed to do something. No one else is going to help or stop it. So when T and Harry-" She sighs, "I know it has to be done, but, I think Faustina's right. There has to be a better way. A way we haven't thought of, or that has been thought of-" Uma turns to Faustina, "But disregarded?"

"I see..." Yensid nods thoughtfully.

Of course this was what the situation was coming to. These children had learned over the years to do one of three things.

Lean into the teachings of their parents, accept what their parents said, that they were villains and could never be anything else.

Toe the line like any other teenager. Half listening to their parents while trying to figure things out for themselves, though experimenting with identity on the isle was dangerous at the best of times.