Math

Notes:

Hiya Descendants,

Is it Wednesday already?

How does time work X.x

Don't mind me and Twisted... We're just gonna go write.

Don't forget to leave us some love after you've (hopefully) enjoyed the chapter.

Don't worry, the chapter isn't as scary as the title suggests.

-Dark-

(See the end of the chapter for questions.)

The smell of clove, salt, and leather fills her senses. She blushes even as she nuzzles into his side with a smile. Her eyes open slowly, feeling the roughness of his salt-encrusted jacket before she squeezes him tighter.

His arms around her made her feel safe. Secure.

Harry.

It always felt like a dream to wake up in his arms.

She'd admired him for so long in the shadows. Always beside herself when T shared his escapades involving him. It had felt so amazing to actually meet him. Her chest bubbles with warmth as she swallows the urge to giggle with delight.

She felt lucky. To be a part of his life. To be so close to his family. It felt surreal.

He was so comfortable, warm. She could-

Bang.

She startles, burying her face into the crook of his neck.

Bang bang bang.

"Hey you two, time to join the rest of us in the cabin."

Oh. She sighs with relief at the sound of Uma's voice.

"Aye!" Harry grumbles as his arm tightens around her, pulling her over him as he rolled to his other side, "Aye Uma, just be ah givin' me uh few more minutes." He mumbles.

Uma sighs, "I've been down here twice. Get your asses moving."

Harry groans, "Aye Cap'in. Right ya be." He yawns as he sits up, keeping her pressed to his chest. "Sorry mate, I could'nah be ah lettin' go when I be feelin' the sleep settle last night."

"I don't mind." Her cheeks flare with heat as she nuzzles against him again. "It's-" Her voice gets lower as she speaks, "Nice waking up with you." Her admission makes her stomach twist in knots and her heart race. She'd never grow weary of it. "We should get up though sir, the Captain sounds upset." She whispers against the crook of his neck.

"Oh, well mornin' Love. Did'nah be ah knowin' I be holdin' onta ya." He squeezes her closer before he pecks her shoulder.

She purrs happily.

"But, ya ain'nah bein' wrong." He chuckles as he pulls them both to their feet, "Uma ain'nah bein' one ta keep waitin'." He slowly inches toward the door.

"Do you mind?" She asks as she drops her hand to take his. The pitch darkness of the room was comforting to her, but she doubted it was for him.

"Don'nah be ah tellin' me ya can be ah seein' in the dark like Deez." Harry chuckles as she starts leading him.

"No, I'm just used to navigating in it." She offers as she clicks the lock, "It helps that I memorized the layout of the room." She responds before she opens the door. Her eyes squint as the light overwhelms her sight.

"I just be ah knowin' the door be here ah cause Uma were just yellin'." He chuckles again before he laces their fingers together, "Come on, we can be ah holdin' hands 'til we be ah gettin' to the stairs." He winks.